Sherlock Holmes invents 3 person chess; adds two new pieces...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherlock Holmes invents 3 person chess; adds two new pieces...

I saw the new Sherlock Holmes movie last night and chess plays an important role. Particularly of relevance to this message board (although relevance has not limited my posts before), there is a great scene in which he is analyzing some positions in his 3 person chess game and the notation and positions are posted on a chalkboard in the background. I will not give away details on the value and movement capability of the two new pieces that he has invented; I do not want to spoil your enjoyment should you go and see the movie yourself...

P.S. I achieve no material gain should you decide to go and see the movie based on this post; I only ask that you post your opinion on the chess content in the movie should you decide to go to it...

Re: Sherlock Holmes invents 3 person chess; adds two new pieces...

Might have been better to try "Sherlock Holmes invents a 3 person chess;" For example, there has been Megachess; I even have a board for it somewhere.

Comment

Re: Sherlock Holmes invents 3 person chess; adds two new pieces...

At the end of the movie Holmes and Moriarty (sp) are battling it out with the chessgame they are playing being a metaphor for the other battles occurring. Very well done, worth the price of admission.

Comment

Working...
      X