Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Canadian Junior games file

Originally posted by Vlad Rekhson View Post
    To view all the tournament games you can visit: http://albertachess.org/12CanJr.html
    I had a look. In Mr. Zhang's game I'd have preferred 29. Nxe5.
    Gary Ruben
    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Re: Canadian Junior Chess Championship- live broadcast

Originally posted by Paul Leblanc View Post
      The others are "lucky" that he decided not to play in the Canadian Junior.
      I have read that he plan to do some missionary work. Is he still away?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Leblanc View Post
        The others are "lucky" that he decided not to play in the Canadian Junior.
        jejejeje ;)

Comment

Congratulations to Mr.David. It seems as though he is following in Mr.Eric's footsteps.

Mr.David's play is very sharp and aggressive; might he be Mr.Eric's prodigy?

Comment

Originally posted by Bindi Cheng View Post
            Experience? LMFAO... It doesn't matter who has the most experience. It matters if Richard beats Shiyam and Keith and seeing as he's 2300 CFC, he's definitely good enough to do so. Before the tournament I woulda wagered that Loren had the best chance of winning but yes it does look very weak. Nonetheless, it's pretty much a 3-way race.

I hope I didn't sound too condescending, but experience only matters in heads-up matches with the very best players in the world. Everything else hinges heavily on how well they play during the tournament and how lucky they are. Luck is a gigantic factor. Just look at Nakamura's past couple losses. His game today was nothing like his first 6 games where he went 5/6 with a 3000+ performance. He got easily outplayed today with white in a petrov and now it's a close race again.
            how about your young brother?

Comment

It's a shame Eric himself didn't play. When I heard that it would be in Calgary this year I expected Eric would play and win, but I guess he must of had other commitments.

David is a surprise winner but his last few tournaments have been quite impressive. Winning the CYCC U16 and winning the Alberta Junior, and doing well at the WYCC. He has certainly improved rapidly over the last year. Maybe he has been training under Eric.
              Last edited by Terry Chaisson; Sunday, 8th January, 2012, 09:05 PM.

Comment

he doesn't play anymore lol, in chess you pretty much have to make it big or not go at all. It's very time consuming and psychologically taxing on the mind
                Shameless self-promotion on display here
                http://www.youtube.com/user/Barkyducky?feature=mhee

Comment

It is lucky if i have a brother as you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bindi Cheng View Post
                    he doesn't play anymore lol, in chess you pretty much have to make it big or not go at all. It's very time consuming and psychologically taxing on the mind
                    Thank God, we are not counting on you to promote chess.;)

Comment

More pictures

I posted more pictures from the tournament: https://picasaweb.google.com/vrekhso...dianJunior2012

Comment

Working...
                      X