X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess Teacher Wanted

Trainers Wanted:

2 January 2012

FIDE-endorsed Asian Chess Academy is seeking experienced trainers who speak fluent English to train in east Asia.

The trainers will be assigned to various Asian territories for a term contract of one year. Trainers will be provided a return air ticket, housing and medical insurance coverage. They are expected to train 6 days a week and may not be granted leave to participate in any chess competitions.

Interested applicants should write to ignatiusleong@pacific.net.sgThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it giving full details and expected conditions.
    A computer beat me in chess, but it was no match when it came to kickboxing

Re: Chess Teacher Wanted

Originally posted by Ernest Klubis View Post
    Trainers Wanted:
    2 January 2012

FIDE-endorsed Asian Chess Academy is seeking experienced trainers who speak fluent English to train in east Asia.

The trainers will be assigned to various Asian territories for a term contract of one year. Trainers will be provided a return air ticket, housing and medical insurance coverage. They are expected to train 6 days a week and may not be granted leave to participate in any chess competitions.

Interested applicants should write to ignatiusleong@pacific.net.sgThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it giving full details and expected conditions.
    The email address is incorrect: looks like the "Th" part of the start of the next sentence was accidentally included in the email tag... What does the sentence "You need Javascript enabled..." mean in the context of sending an email? Perhaps it means people emailing will get an automated email in return (that likely is loaded with html/javascript )

Anyway, sounds to me like they would have to be offering a boat load of money... I just sent an email to the address to see what happens... :)
    Last edited by Kerry Liles; Wednesday, 11th January, 2012, 11:27 AM. Reason: more info
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Kerry,

I'm sorry. I forgot to include original link. Maybe this will give you more info on the offer.

http://trainers.fide.com/news.html
      A computer beat me in chess, but it was no match when it came to kickboxing

Comment

Kerry,

I'm sorry. I forgot to include original link. Maybe this will give you more info on the offer.

http://trainers.fide.com/news.html
        Well, there is really no information there. I sent an email to that address with simply "info please" as the body, and I received a reply back saying (essentially) - please submit a CV with FIDE trainer information, Rating, experience etc.

It looks like information like rates and locations may not be forthcoming except to people who apply and are 'accepted'.

Note: I am not interested in the job, just curious about the rates and arrangements...
        Last edited by Kerry Liles; Wednesday, 11th January, 2012, 04:25 PM. Reason: clarification
        ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Trainers Wanted:

2 January 2012

It sounds like a great opportunity for young people seeking adventure and life experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
            Anyway, sounds to me like they would have to be offering a boat load of money...
            ...actually, they just need body parts

Comment

Working...
            X