Censorship? Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Censorship? Why?

Today I posted a message on the French board on the new Alekhine book. I am more than a little upset to see that the body and title have been edited without my knowledge.

As I am unaware of having contravened any rule, I don't understand the reason for this. Why would any admin feel they had a right to change a poster's words?

If I did something wrong, please let me know. But, just changing what people write unilaterally is completely unacceptable! What country is this?

Re: Censorship? Why?

Originally posted by Neil Sullivan View Post
    Today I posted a message on the French board on the new Alekhine book. I am more than a little upset to see that the body and title have been edited without my knowledge.

As I am unaware of having contravened any rule, I don't understand the reason for this. Why would any admin feel they had a right to change a poster's words?

If I did something wrong, please let me know. But, just changing what people write unilaterally is completely unacceptable! What country is this?
    Hi Neil,

Sorry about that!

Basically, on this site, we do not allow advertising of other sources for products we carry...unless those sites want to buy advertising on our site.

I should have sent you an e-mail first.

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
      Basically, on this site, we do not allow advertising of other sources for products we carry...unless those sites want to buy advertising on our site.
      Should we understand that advertising for products you don't carry is allowed ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Hébert View Post
        Should we understand that advertising for products you don't carry is allowed ?
        When it is blatant advertising then it requires that we be compensated whether we carry it or not.

Comment

Working...
        X