Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groundhog Day

Well, it's groundhog day. I saw this excerpt in todays news:

Nova Scotia groundhog Shubenacadie Sam and Ontario's Wiarton Willie are predicting an early spring after emerging from hibernation without seeing their shadows. But their American counterpart disagrees.

I thought it was kind of appropriate. Canadians tends to accept global warming more readily than Americans. Same is true for our respective groundhogs. :D

Re: Groundhog Day

We don't have or need or have any groundhogs in Victoria because it is always an early spring.

Join us for the 6th Annual Grand Pacific Open April 6-9 Guaranteed no snow! Guaranteed $5000 http://grandpacificopen.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

Nova Scotia groundhog Shubenacadie Sam and Ontario's Wiarton Willie are predicting an early spring after emerging from hibernation without seeing their shadows. But their American counterpart disagrees.

I thought it was kind of appropriate. Canadians tends to accept global warming more readily than Americans. Same is true for our respective groundhogs. :D
      The American groundhog is smarter than their population. The groundhog understands that without the Keystone XL Pipeline they will freeze in the dark.
      Gary Ruben
      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Did any of the groundhogs say when winter was going to start?
        Marcus Wilker
        Annex Chess Club
        Toronto, Ontario

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus Wilker View Post
          Did any of the groundhogs say when winter was going to start?
          No. The Canadian groundhogs just mumbled something about blaming it all on the CFC, whereas the American groundhogs complained about the risks of oil spills flooding their homes. In which case, their mortgages would then really be underwater.

Comment

No. The Canadian groundhogs just mumbled something about blaming it all on the CFC, whereas the American groundhogs complained about the risks of oil spills flooding their homes. In which case, their mortgages would then really be underwater.
            Well, Bob, I've been invested in American Intelligence (there's an oxymoron for you) the last while. It seems to be turning the corner. Their groundhogs probably haven't got the memo yet.
            Gary Ruben
            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

In a few years the groundhog will be out of a job...

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...ut-of-business

I suppose that he will just go back to being a rodent...
              Last edited by Paul Beckwith; Thursday, 2nd February, 2012, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Beckwith View Post

I suppose that he will just go back to being a rodent...
                The animal rights people would like that concept. The positive side of what you call global warming or climate change.

It's an ill wind which blows no good.
                Gary Ruben
                CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Beckwith View Post
                  "Them groundhogs is good eatin'."

- Milburn Drysdale, 1965
                  "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                  "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                  "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

If you can see facebook, this groundhog image is great...unfortunately I cannot find a web link to it...perhaps someone else can find it...

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.ph...type=1&theater

Comment

Working...
                    X