Budapest Chess News February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budapest Chess News February

February issue has been emailed out.(You need chessbase or CBlight to read the CBV file)

Included in this issue
    800+ games, 190 annotated. Hoang scores 8/11 including a nice win over a 2600. Horvath,J did well with =2 in the Donnau Open with 5.5/7. Prohaszka shared 2= with 7 other players in Basel with an undefeated 5/7. Prohaszka also scored 5/7 for 2= in the Zurich Christmas Open.

Hungarian News
    -Perenyi Memorial 2012
    I really suffered with 4/9 losing game after game to players rated below me. Everyone but me started with a happy new year.
    -Budapest Team Ch

International News
    -Chennai Open(Hoang)
    -Groningen(Rapport Richard, Ruck Robert)
    -Rilton Cup(Berczes David)
    -Zurich Xmas Open(Prohaszka Peter, Hera Imre)
    -Basel(Prohaszka Peter, Hera Imre)
    -Donau(Horvath Joseph, Juhasz Kristof, Szabocsi, Meszaros Andras)
    -Zadar(Pap G, Berczes D)

Theory
    -Grunfeld games from TWIC 891-895
    There were some nice endings played in the Grunfeld with white having most of the sucess.
    -Open Games as black from Almasi Z, Leko, Gyimesi
    A detailed look at three main supporters of 1...e5 with a deep look at the tricky Scotch Gambit complex.

Other
    -Chapters 1-2 Critical Moments-Gaprindashvili(Batsford 2010). A summary of material and review of examples in the introductory material of each chapter.

File(s)can be dowloaded from
    http://sarkanydse.hu/index.php/compo...ent/article/59

or
    http://kevinspraggett.blogspot.com/

Thanks to these sites for for volunteering to host the files, TWIC for games/crosstables and Larry for allowing this notice.

Hope you enjoy the issue

Re: Budapest Chess News February

Other News
    (a)First Saturday(FS) started yesterday. There's a large group from Turkemistan and a Spanish player. Overall attendance is minimal.
    GM group-GMs are 2396,2452,2482 and 2578
    IM group-IMs are 2250,2374, 2286, 2274 and 2467

Canadians:None
    (I give my usual warning. Foreign players get gouged. The advertised prices on the FS site are only for foreigners. I paid up to 4 times the Hungarian player rate in the FM-A groups. The extent of the gouging in norm groups is not clear to me. Also there are no prizes in any groups. All other RR tournaments in Budapest have modest prizes and run at $28. I paid C$210 to play in FS so I was truly screwed several times. There is absolutely no need for anyone to repeat my experience)

(b)I drew my team game this morning for Rakosliget. We had 4 players late due to transit problems, one inch of snow in Budapest fell yesterday-first real snow of the year.
    (c)RSA women's champ Melissa Greeff will be moving to Toronto(not sure exactly when). Hope everyone shows her a nice welcome to Canada.

Comment

Working...
    X