Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curling

I love that game. Honest I do.

Last night the missus and me were watching the game on TV after midnight. We tuned it in after the news so it was late in the game. Team Canada was playing Quebec in the Canadian Women's Championship.

It came down to the last rock in an extra end. Team Canada had the hammer and they needed a rather easy looking draw into the rings.

I commented that shot would be missed. So I had a bet. The shot was well short of the rings and Quebec won the game.

Choking becomes a bad habit. Those who do it tend to repeat. Chess is not immune from this phenomenom.
    Gary Ruben
    CC - IA and SIM

Re: Curling

She just came up light again against NS in the 10th.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
      She just came up light again against NS in the 10th.
      That would be the same player that shot the lights out last year making eveything at the end of games. That wouldn't interest a critic like Gary. He thinks its shuffleboard. Of course, if it was shuffleboard why is her second player sitting out games with a serious leg injury ?

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Smith View Post
        That would be the same player that shot the lights out last year making eveything at the end of games. That wouldn't interest a critic like Gary. He thinks its shuffleboard. Of course, if it was shuffleboard why is her second player sitting out games with a serious leg injury ?
        Brawl in the bar? ;)
        Last edited by Kerry Liles; Wednesday, 22nd February, 2012, 04:34 PM. Reason: add wink to indicate it was in jest
        ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Her leg gave out throwing a rock during a game this week. She was interviewed and said she's never had an injury like his before ( some people have chronic knee injuries that they play through for many years ).

Throwing a Curling rock ( 42 pounds of granite ) is a relatively smooth and carefree exercise if your leg is 100% and you have reasonably good technique. With an injury though its anywhere from painful to impossible.

Comment

Maybe she should try sliding it

Gary, you were up past midnight?

Comment

Originally posted by Zeljko Kitich View Post

Gary, you were up past midnight?
              Yes. Nobody put me to bed. :)
              Gary Ruben
              CC - IA and SIM

Comment

I called that comeback for Que in the 9th end :p
                2 steal steal

Comment

I love curling; my youngest is in his 3rd year of Little Rocks. I'm pulling for Jones. NB has probably put themselves out of contention after losing to Nfld last night. The best I can see them ending is 6-5 which probably won't be good enough for a tiebreaker.

Comment

I watched that. It's pretty hard to come back from 6 to zip. The game was probably closer than the score indicated.
                    Gary Ruben
                    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
                    X