Willowdale CC Championship 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willowdale CC Championship 2012

2012 WCCC just finished with a clear winner FM Michael Barron (3/4). While I (2.5/4) had chances to catch him though some anti-chess reason exhausted me to fight in the last round. Thus, a simple solid short Caro-Kan in a Karpov's style. Mike Ivanov played good enough to share the prize too (2.5/4). He had real chances against me, as well against Michael. However, we took an old joke that "with youth to the endgame", and succeed - I won, Michael drew a much worse position. Dmitry Chernik (2/4) beat me in the first round quite nicely, however his next win came only in the last round against Alexander Strugach (0/4). Ruperto Frilles came only for a one game and then withdrew.
    Games should appear in CANbase shortly. However, Mickey Stein told that they must be burnt :D

WCCC Reserve section still under way.

Several pictures from the final day

Crosstable

Michael writing my long name :D

Mike & Michael
    The next edition will be with Mike's game against Bator as the editor announced :)

Mike's enjoys that game and tries to forget the latest loss against Bator :D

Take a note what Dmitry will be playing next tournaments

Alexander.

The funny ending:
    Guess, what did he find in the book? The correct answer will get a prize.
    (A hint - a book is GM Bolesslavsky by Suetin)
    Last edited by Egidijus Zeromskis; Wednesday, 14th March, 2012, 06:40 AM. Reason: math
Working...
X