X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Quick Chess Rating List

Hi Bob G:

Nope - you are wrong I'm afraid.

The motion made it clear it was subsuming both the old Blitz rating list ( almost never used ), and the old " active " list. There is now one " quick chess rating list " and one " regular rating list ".

The quick list includes Game/59 to and including Game/5 ( and floor for increments of Game/3 with 2 sec. ). Also, it introduces the possibility of " quick chess " time controls between these times if beneficial to organizers.

Fred can confirm this for you.

Bob A

Comment

Re: Poll (Blitz ratings)

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
      There was a Canadian Open Speed Championship during the 2006 Canadian Open in Kitchener. It was supposed to be officially rated speed chess - whatever happened to that result???
      That one and one other event were rated by the CFC. I know this because I did the ratings myself, since the database couldn't take them.

I don't recall where we posted it - certainly on the old CFC forum, perhaps elsewhere. I'll dig around to try to find a copy for interest's sake.
      Christopher Mallon
      FIDE Arbiter

Comment

My Montreal blitz ratings have been around since the early 1970's. Not much activity nowadays (one event a month).

http://canbase.fqechecs.qc.ca/blitze.htm

Comment

So far this poll is a lot closer than I thought it would be, in that I expected a heavier rejection of having the CFC rate a Blitz (or more accurately[?], Quick chess) event for a fee, even if it's significantly less expensive than the fee for rating a standard time control chess event.
          Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
          Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

Heh, I think it's the way I phrased the question, if it was just a Yes and a No I think it wouldn't be this close
            Shameless self-promotion on display here
            http://www.youtube.com/user/Barkyducky?feature=mhee

Comment

Interest in Quick Chess Ratings

Hi Bindi:

I thought your presentation of the poll was creative, and quite OK.

I think the divided result ( slightly more in favour of quick chess ) shows that there is interest in having an Over-the-Board Quick Chess Rating, to compare to the Regular Rating, and the various internet chess site ratings people have accrued. And there seems to be particular interest in the fact that Blitz tournaments are included now in the new " quick chess ratings " - if all one played in quick chess was blitz tournaments, then effectively your CFC Quick Chess rating would be effectively a blitz rating. It could be compared to on-line blitz ratings.

Thanks for doing this somewhat creative poll, and establishing that it may be possible to market this new system, and expand tournament OTB chess.

Bob A, CFC Public Relations Coordinator

Comment

My own take on Bindi's poll options is that choices 1, 2 and 4 are all pretty much for Blitz being rated (choice #4 being the most unclear, but nobody took it so far), while options 3 and 5 are clearly against rated Blitz. Hence at the moment there are 4+8+0=12 in favour and 8+10=18 against rated Blitz.
                Last edited by Kevin Pacey; Thursday, 29th March, 2012, 10:19 AM. Reason: Grammar
                Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
                Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

Working...
                X