CCC Restructures – A Significant Advance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCC Restructures – A Significant Advance

Posted on Cooperative Chess Coalition ( CCC ) FB chess discussion page, “ CCC – Chess Posts of Interest “:

CCC Restructures – A Significant Advance

I am pleased to announce that the members of the Cooperative Chess Coalition ( CCC ) have just unanimously voted to restructure the CCC!

This means it will now move from being a Canadian moderate chess reform organization, to an international organization, welcoming members from all countries, and having 2 priorities:

first, to generate general chess discussions of interest on its FB chess discussion page, " CCC - Chess Posts of Interest", and in particular discussions of international and national moderate chess reform; and

second, to work with national chess bodies to achieve chess reforms adopted by the members of the CCC, both at the level of FIDE, and national chess structures, where there are collaborative parties who also want such reforms.

The CCC motto is: Competition OverTB; Cooperation OffTB.

Want introductory CCC material? Want to apply to join CCC as a “ member “ or “ supporter “? Contact Bob Armstrong, CCC Coordinator - cooperativechesscoalition@gmail.com .

Bob, CCC Coordinator
    CCC Facebook Group Page : http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sfr...806343128&ap=1
    CCC Twitter Account : http://www.twitter.com/coopchesscoalit

Re: CCC Restructures – A Significant Advance

Tears of laughter. Really. CCC meets FIDE. Well done, young fellers. They'll be choking on their caviar.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan Berry View Post
      Tears of laughter. Really. CCC meets FIDE. Well done, young fellers. They'll be choking on their caviar.
      I read that before heading for bed. Unfortunately, I was drinking at the same time.

Had a look at the CFC message board yesterday. I notice they are embracing rating internet games which is correspondence chess. It's nice to see the national federation embrace correspondence chess. I'm not sure if it's the game they are embracing or the obscene amount of cash which the game attracts.
      Gary Ruben
      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Wow, two myths in the same paragraph. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Smith View Post
          Wow, two myths in the same paragraph. Well done.
          You're ugly and you dress funny. Parse that. :p
          Gary Ruben
          CC - IA and SIM

Comment

I am looking forward to CCC presenting their motion to FIDE proposing that FIDE implement quarterly online governors meetings. :D:D:D

Comment

Two more myths. Wow, you are on a roll Gary !!! Perhaps you can get a patent on this
              revolutionary new type of humour.

ps Canada's mens Curling team won yet another World Gold Medal. One of surest bets in sports
              is Canada will have a team in that final.
              Last edited by Duncan Smith; Monday, 9th April, 2012, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Curling is NOT a real sport. It doesn't have a season.
                Gary Ruben
                CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Don't worry, Gary, most Curlers aren't interested in the "obscene amount of money" involved in internet chess or the "prestige" of winning Correspondance Chess titles. Besides, I think in 30 years Correspondance Chess likely will be gone, not something young people can see much future in. Might be best if the CCCA works on a more graceful exit strategy.
                  Last edited by Duncan Smith; Monday, 9th April, 2012, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Smith View Post
                    of winning Correspondance Chess titles. Besides, I think in 30 years Correspondance Chess likely will be gone, with nobody interested in running programs.
                    Duncan, the word is "correspondence".

Now you tell me about 30 years from now. If some environmentalists are right, the world will end before then.

Anyhow, nice to see you still have so much interest now the music lessons are over.
                    Last edited by Gary Ruben; Tuesday, 10th April, 2012, 10:35 AM.
                    Gary Ruben
                    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                      I am looking forward to CCC presenting their motion to FIDE proposing that FIDE implement quarterly online governors meetings. :D:D:D
                      I have denied myself the joys of CFC governorship for some years now. Are the online meetings an improvement? If yes, then in what way(s)? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan Berry View Post
                        I have denied myself the joys of CFC governorship for some years now. Are the online meetings an improvement? If yes, then in what way(s)? Thank you.
                        Jonathan, the online meetings have made a vast improvement in the governance of the CFC. they provide regular effective two way communication between governors, and between governors and the executive. Many important issues have been resolved in a fraction of the time it would have taken via the governor letter days. I remember often criticism of how long it used to take to get anything accomplished. Nowadays, some feel we need to slow down.

Think of the online governors meetings as that under rated junior. Showing much promise, but still the best is yet to come. We are still learning our way thru the process, but the last meeting went very smoothly indeed.

Ask around, I think it would be difficult to find anyone who has participated who would want to turn back the clock.

I was joking about implementing them at FIDE, but why not. Go CCC. :D

Why deny yourself joy any longer, jump back in, the water is fine.
                        Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Tuesday, 10th April, 2012, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Will the CCC fight for a 24 game match format for world champion? If they do I will support them :P

Comment

Re: CCC - World Championship - Length Debate

Hi Garvin:

You may have been having some fun here with CCC, but the issue you raise ( a 24 game World Championship ) has been outstanding in the chess world for years now. So I'd like to deal with it.

CCC is now trying to deal with issues where there is substantial interest shown by chess players in general in the reform, rather than dealing with issues they solely seem to be concerned about. So if there is some indication that Canadian chess players want the reform you are proposing, then CCC would certainly raise it internally as a possible reform policy to be adopted, and then lobbied for.

Bob Armstrong, CCC Coordinator

P.S. There has been some light-hearted jabbing at CCC about having " high ambitions re FIDE reform - too big for our britches - naive in the extreme, given our size and relevance ". I think we are not unaware of the FIDE bureaucracy, the complex administration routes to be followed for reform resolutions, nor the fact that we are a very minor irritant, at best, in the chess universe. The CCC members, however, by their recent " restructuring vote " simply believe that a small rather insignificant group can take just one step at a time towards moderate reform, and see if they generate enough momentum for a second step. CCC makes no " big promises " re chess reform action, either at the FIDE level or the national level.

But we do strive to run the best chess discussion page on Facebook, and I will repost your above post there, and my response, to see what the chess players there think.

Comment

Working...
                            X