ChessTalk access now porous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChessTalk access now porous

The recent incursions of posters with questionable sign-in names suggest that there is a problem with new and anonymous posters accessing this site. These posters indulge in gratuitous insults and degrade the already questionable level of commentary on ChessTalk.
    What can be done to rectify this problem?

Re: ChessTalk access now porous

I thought the postings by the American fellatist (a GM from San Fransisco??) to be better than most. At least they were chess related.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
      The recent incursions of posters with questionable sign-in names suggest that there is a problem with new and anonymous posters accessing this site. These posters indulge in gratuitous insults and degrade the already questionable level of commentary on ChessTalk.
      What can be done to rectify this problem?
      Hi Vlad,

Only recently I figured out how to ban a user...so as you can see my learning curve is extremely slow :) Still don't know how to stop someone from the get go...we did stop all new people from coming on board at some point...so until I figure that stuff out...we may go back to that way of handling the problem.

Larry

Comment

Larry,
        Here's another you may have missed
        >>>>wowajiao
        with short comment and advertisement near the bottom of climate change thread.

Cheers, Vlad D

Comment

Re : Re: ChessTalk access now porous

Originally posted by Andrei Moffat View Post
          I thought the postings by the American fellatist (a GM from San Fransisco??) to be better than most. At least they were chess related.
          Yeah ... I enjoyed the fleeting dozen comments of GM Dick S. !

Onto serious stuff (for the Toronto soccer fans):
          Vamos Los Santos

Comment

Working...
          X