Norm opportunities for CFC members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norm opportunities for CFC members

This summer in Montréal, two tournaments will offer norm opportunities.
    From July 21 to July 28 the Sponge Towels Quebec Open and from Aug 4 to Aug 11 the Canadian Zonal.

For the COQ see below:

As per previous years, the FQE has a limited number of spots for norm seeking members of the CFC. If your rating is of 2300 or more and interested in participating in the Invitation section, please contact Richard Bérubé before April 30th at dirgen@fqechecs.qc.ca. The cost for CFC members is 95$. For more info on the tournament:http://www.fqechecs.qc.ca/cms/sites/...q-all-2012.pdf or in English http://echecsmontreal.ca/coq/english.html

For the Zonal:

www.ccc2012.yolasite.com

Start planning your chess summer!

Re: Norm opportunities for CFC members

On top of it from Aug. 15 to Aug. 19 there is the Superfest in the Laurentides 45 minutes North of Montréal. See details:

From Aug 15-19, 2012, the Chess'n Math Association will be hosting our 27th Anniversary Superfest celebration in the Laurentians, at Hotel Le Chantecler ( www.lechantecler.com ), approximately 45 minutes north of Montreal.

After consulting with many people, this is what we have come up with:

This will be a 5-round event with 1 game per day to allow everyone to enjoy this incredible tourist location where we have negotiated an incredible hotel rate!

There will be lots of chess of course...but we will also be offering special activities!

Get full details at: http://www.chess-math.org/superfest2012/

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Poulin View Post
      On top of it from Aug. 15 to Aug. 19 there is the Superfest in the Laurentides 45 minutes North of Montréal. See details:

From Aug 15-19, 2012, the Chess'n Math Association will be hosting our 27th Anniversary Superfest celebration in the Laurentians, at Hotel Le Chantecler ( www.lechantecler.com ), approximately 45 minutes north of Montreal.

After consulting with many people, this is what we have come up with:

This will be a 5-round event with 1 game per day to allow everyone to enjoy this incredible tourist location where we have negotiated an incredible hotel rate!

There will be lots of chess of course...but we will also be offering special activities!

Get full details at: http://www.chess-math.org/superfest2012/
      This really puzzles me. Now the FQE president speaks on behalf of CMA while at other times CMA's boss humbly serves as messenger for the FQE. What's the deal here ? Is there a reason for such a strange behaviour?

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Hébert View Post
        This really puzzles me. Now the FQE president speaks on behalf of CMA while at other times CMA's boss humbly serves as messenger for the FQE. What's the deal here ? Is there a reason for such a strange behaviour?
        Can people not be friends?

Norm

Comment

Because both Larry and I recognise that working collaboratively advances the cause of chess.

Somehow I am not surprised that the concept of collaboration and constructive work appears “strange” to you…

P.S. The Superfest is the first tournament of the Tour du Québec 2012-2013

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Poulin View Post
            Because both Larry and I recognise that working collaboratively advances the cause of chess.

Somehow I am not surprised that the concept of collaboration and constructive work appears “strange” to you…
            You are right. I don't see how confusing each others' tasks advances the cause of chess. Surely Larry is a big enough boy to advertize his own stuff while you may have more important things to do before your resignation as FQE president. Usefull and constructive collaboration happens when people join their specific expertise together.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Hébert View Post
              you may have more important things to do before your resignation as FQE president.

Comment

Mr. Poulin,

Thank you for all you have done to advance chess. Your constructive attitude is
                is a very positive influence. Hopefully, your successor will be able to carry on your good work.

Best of luck in your future projects.

Comment

Working...
                X