2012 Kitchener-Waterloo April QUICK Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Kitchener-Waterloo April QUICK Open

The advertisement for our Active (QUICK) tournament has been posted for a couple of weeks at the CFC and KW Chess Club websites. I know it's late, and this is where a lot of people now check for tournaments so thanks to Bob Gillanders for pointing it out to me that we did not advertise on ChessTalk. So, better late than never. :(

One change: Extended discount
    If you register by Thursday, 19 April, there will be a $5 discount.

2012 Kitchener-Waterloo April QUICK Open

City: Kitchener, Ontario
    Date: April 21, 2012
    Place: Kitchener City Hall, 200 King Street West
    Rds: 5
    Round Times: 10:00am, 11:30am, 1:00pm, 2:30pm, 4:00pm
    TC: G/25 + 10 sec inc.
    Entry fee: $30
    Prizes: $$BEN$$
    Registration: Onsite 9:00am - 9:45am at the door or email (below). Register by email by April 19th for a $5 discount.
    Misc: Email: arcticcompass@hotmail.com Chess pieces, boards, and clocks will be provided by the KW Chess Club. Free parking is available a block away at the corner of Water St. and Charles St.

Hope you can make it out on Saturday. :)

Another Quick Chess Tournament!

Hi Ralph:

I'm really delighted to see you advertise the tournament under the new format of being a " Quick " Open.

Are you also intending to have it quick CFC - rated? The advertising details don't specifically say that. I think it is an additional draw when the games are advertised as going to go into the new " Quick Chess Rating System ".

Bob, CFC Public Relations Coordinator

Comment

Re: Another Quick Chess Tournament!

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
      Hi Ralph:

I'm really delighted to see you advertise the tournament under the new format of being a " Quick " Open.

Are you also intending to have it quick CFC - rated? The advertising details don't specifically say that. I think it is an additional draw when the games are advertised as going to go into the new " Quick Chess Rating System ".

Good point, Bob.

Yes, we will ask for the tournament to be rated with the "Quick" Rating system. Ed Thompson will be submiting the results to CFC within a day or two of the completion of the tournament.

Comment

Re: Another Quick Chess Tournament!

Hi Ralph:

Great. I'm doing a CFC " News " Forum post on your tournament shortly, to help promote it, and I"ll add that it will be " quick rated ". Good luck with it.

Comment

Re: 2012 Kitchener-Waterloo April QUICK Open

Here is a pre-registered list as of 5:00 pm Friday evening.

David Filipovich 2233
          Dan Raats 2017
          Mahmud Hassain 1981
          Shawn Philips 1871
          Istvan Kiss 1782
          Hongyi (Tony) Li 1770
          Tim Knechtel 1721
          Ferdinand Cale 1715
          Dave Bendl 1672
          Patrick Bondy 1522
          Daniel Yurkewich 1484
          Kai Gauer 1345

There have been a few inquiries that have not registered and we expect a few people will register on Saturday morning.

In the past, we have averaged between twenty and thirty people and hope to have that many in this tournament.

Comment

Working...
          X