Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torokves RRs and Open-Budapest Tournaments

April 18-May 4
    The Torokves community center runs 2 chess events per year. For each event, usually there are 2-3 RRs and an open. This happens annually in April and September. Usually there's around 60 players in total. This month it's only 2 RRs.

This is the A group.

■Farkas,R(2111)-Junior
    ■Liptak,T(1873)
    ■Lantos,A(2045)
    ■Lakat,G(1849)
    ■Yip,M(2017)
    ■Nagy,L(1989)-"Mr First Saturday"
    ■Nguyen Thanh Do(1886)
    ■Grimm,G(1962)-Junior
    ■Havaskori,L(1977)
    ■Palla,Akos(1957)-Junior

As time passes, the top group gets weaker and weaker. When I first played in Torokves, I could only make the B group.

The entry fee for 2000-2100 FIDE is C$24.50 (First Saturday EF for 2000-2050 is $184 for tourists or $50-ish for Hungarians or those who know the real prices). Time control is G/120. It took me a while to find out about the nice local tournament scene but now that I have it's all worth it.

The First Saturday FM groups have the same players but for a whopping increase in price. Usually the organiser(playing in my group) recruits the required locals from the tournament or the rapid tournament on the friday before tournament day, so the only difference for visitors is the big price and the absence of any prizes.

The schedule is nice, with one game/day with one day between most games. The prizes have not been announced yet.

Working...
X