Passport to Chess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport to Chess

The CFC has 1,750 copies remaining of the bilingual 10 page pamphlet "Your Passport to Chess - Official Summary of the Rules of Chess / Un Passeport pour Les Echecs - L'Abrege Officiel des Reglements du Jeu D'Echecs". If you would like free copies - any number from 1 to 1750 - please e-mail me by this Thursday. After that, they all go in the recycle bin.

The pamphlet is 9 inches by 19 inches folded in 5, one side English, one side French. It explains the moves with diagrams, as well as castling, check, and stalemate. It concludes with some tips on playing. Note: it has the CFC's old mailing address.

Regards,

David
    David Cohen
    bw998 AT freenet.carleton.ca
    or www.CanadianChess.info and use the Contact Us form.

Re: Passport to Chess

I wrote that.

The idea was to promote chess and the CFC at the same time. I was hoping that every chess set sold in Canada would have a "Passport" in it. It would be left in the leaflet racks of libraries, in laundromats... A synopsis of the rules of chess, correct and in plain language; little of the organizational hard sell. It was the only publication that we went to the trouble and expense of having professionally typeset. A few tens of thousands of copies were distributed in its day. It could be adapted to 2012 with a tiny sticker having the CFC web address over the permanent CFC postal address that was abandoned. Or a larger sticker with your club name / phone and/or web address to go over the whole CFC/FCE address rectangle.

Interesting how promotional ideas age.

Comment

That pamphlet was great! I laminated a whole bunch for use with the street events I organized. Before you bin the remainder, you may want to scan it to pdf and post.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Bouma View Post
        That pamphlet was great! I laminated a whole bunch for use with the street events I organized. Before you bin the remainder, you may want to scan it to pdf and post.
        <sardonic>It's like adding the cracked eggs to the chickens' feed.</sardonic> No offence intended.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan Berry View Post
          <sardonic>It's like adding the cracked eggs to the chickens' feed.</sardonic>
          love your HTML - lol
          Marcus Wilker
          Annex Chess Club
          Toronto, Ontario

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan Berry View Post
            Or a larger sticker with your club name / phone and/or web address to go over the whole CFC/FCE address rectangle.
            That's a good idea.
            We keep a stack of Passports at the Mississauga club for the kids. Excellent for the beginners.

David, you can send me some if there are any left!

Comment

Working...
            X