CCC Discusses Chess - Posts of Interest - FIDE and Federation Rights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCC Discusses Chess - Posts of Interest - FIDE and Federation Rights.

Posted on the Cooperative Chess Coalition Facebook chess discussion group, " CCC - Chess Posts of Interest":

CCC Discusses Chess - Posts of Interest - FIDE and Federation Rights.

National - USA

"To: the FIDE Presidential Board
    Re: Open Letter in objection to the recent Chicago visit

Dear FIDE Leadership Team,

The USCF Executive Board passed a motion this morning, with a vote of 7-0, directing me to convey our concerns related to FIDE President Kirsan Ilyumzhinov's recent activities in Chicago, Illinois. The text of the motion is below:

The USCF is deeply concerned about FIDE President Ilyumzhinov's recent visit to Chicago and the resulting press coverage on the FIDE website, due to the fact that President Ilyumzhinov discussed a US National Championship event with Chicago organizers without USCF participation. Put simply, this is a step in the wrong direction as it shows a complete disregard for the authority of all national federations and is against the interests of the great game of chess, both worldwide and in the United States.

We were surprised and disappointed that FIDE did not use this visit by President Ilyumzhinov as an opportunity to work with USCF as a partner. We wish to make it clear that we expect any future discussion relating to FIDE Involvement in a US-based project must include approval by and integral involvement of the USCF. "

Susan Polgar: FIDE President MUST seek approval from the USCF to visit local chess club in the US to play blitz.

Has Polgar got the issue right here?

Is this just a political powerplay by the USCF against FIDE? Is there a legitimate issue here of Federation Rights being trampled on by FIDE?

What is your take on it?

Bob Armstrong, Cooperative Chess Coalition Member

Re: CCC Discusses Chess - Posts of Interest - FIDE and Federation Rights.

From what I've read on the Chessbase site http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=8108 it seems that the "national championship" to which the letter refers is a national championship amongst prisoners.

Nothing very negative on the USCF discussion board (members section).

Comment

Hi Hugh:

Can non-members visit the USCF Discussion Board ( Members' Section )? If so, could you provide a link for it? Do you have to formally register with the board to visit it? Thx.

Also, despite being a CFC Governor, I am not sure if a non-CFC member can visit the members' CFC Chess Chat Forum. Does anyone know. If you are a non-member, do you have to register for the CFC board before you can visit it? Can non-CFC members post on it? I know I could inquire internally in the CFC, but I thought if someone knows, it might be faster. Thx.

Bob
      Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Thursday, 3rd May, 2012, 12:41 AM.

Comment

You have to be able to log on to the site - otherwise you only see the public discussion boards. I believe you must be a USCF member to see the "members section". (you would see a bottom selection called "USCF Issues")

http://main.uschess.org/forums/

Comment

Working...
        X