[ECO "A00"]

1.e3 a5 2.Qf3 e5 3.Bc4 Bc5 4.Qxf7#

See script, video:

http://annexchessclub.com/?p=6056
    Marcus Wilker
    Annex Chess Club
    Toronto, Ontario

Re: .pgn for Occupy Toronto Chess Game

Not much of a game. I would expect the occupy side to form pawn islands to discuss plans to deal with the nuisance knights (police on horses) while the 1 % would spend time and $ to arrange their pieces into a battering ram and sacrifice loyal pawns to break through. The 99% should have at least mated with a pawn, if they ever got that far.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Malmsten View Post
      Not much of a game. I would expect the occupy side to form pawn islands to discuss plans to deal with the nuisance knights (police on horses) while the 1 % would spend time and $ to arrange their pieces into a battering ram and sacrifice loyal pawns to break through. The 99% should have at least mated with a pawn, if they ever got that far.
      The 1% should make some illegal captures along the way (sorry, no valid or verifiable PGN gamescore then, but maybe that's good). It is what the kerfuffle is about, isn't it, kleptocracy? Another question that arises is, are the O people happy if the game ends in a draw? Is stalemate a win for the 99% ? In 2011, that's how they appeared to be playing the game.

Comment

That was stupid. Screw this 99% stuff.

Comment

I think it's interesting that they used a chess game as the underlying basis of the story. Through the Looking Glass is the only other example I know. Maybe also the scene in the Philosopher's Stone. Also, that in the allegorical universe of the story, chess doesn't quite stand for "the game," corporate or capitalist or whatever, but something else that incorporates justice and dignity. And finally, that there is a real chess game behind the play, albeit with a couple of issues: first, there's a violation (within the script) of the touch move rule on Black's move 1 - an interesting test case: if a minion who is making a player's moves misunderstands a relatively vague instruction, how does that stand with respect to "intention"? Second, on White's move 3, there's an illegal move (perhaps not in the original script): while 3.Bc4 is legal, the 99% seem to have played hippie bishop from c1 to c4. Maybe a new fairy chess piece?
          Marcus Wilker
          Annex Chess Club
          Toronto, Ontario

Comment

Working...
          X