CYCC questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CYCC questions

I know that the person updating the CYCC website is probably pretty busy with other things but being slow could cost a few potential entries from the Windsor area.

The CYCC website is not updated to include YCC qualifiers from the Windsor qualifying tournament nor the OYCC qualifiers which I understand as being anyone who finished with at least two points out of five. This would include most of the kids from Windsor who participated in the OYCC that are involved in any of the local children's chess clubs or on the local tournament circuit. Interest is surprisingly high despite the cost of air fares but not too many are willing to arrange air fares and hotel accomodations only to find that they aren't considered as having qualified.

There is also no indication of when the rounds will be or what time the children should arrive for the first day or when the tournament concludes which are vital considerations in arranging accomodations and making travel arrangements. Many of the children from Windsor are first time participants so they have no prior history of playing such events so they are a bit lost at the moment. A simple post with details would be enough so that I can cut and paste and forward that information to the parents who are asking me about it.

We are approaching a point where making the arrangements will become more and more expensive so time is of the essence.

Re: CYCC questions

Hi Vlad,

I just forwarded your message onto Ken Jensen, chief organizer of CYCC.

Bob G.

Comment

Re: CYCC questions

From CFC forum:
      YCC Qualifier lists

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for letting me know. Our volunteers are working on getting the full qualifiers list posted. I will make sure it gets on the website in the next 24 hrs, along with the round schedule.

I'll take this opportunnity to mention that YCC organizers need to send me their Qualifiers lists. I have asked Patrick for the OYCC Q list but not yet recieved one. We are all busy. From your post I see that a score of 2.0 qualifies so our volunteers could scan the posted cross tables and mine the data from there. That becomes a lot of work on our end, and different YCC's are using different Qualifying thresholds so please, help us out by submitting the lists.

Ken Jensen

Comment

Working...
      X