Altenative to Monroi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Altenative to Monroi

A student of mine has been having problems with his Monroi device and has tried contacting Monroi support without success. He's been looking at alternatives and sent me this link:

http://www.nachess.org/enotate/learn-buy

Has anyone used this device and what do they think of it?
    "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Re: Altenative to Monroi

Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
    A student of mine has been having problems with his Monroi device and has tried contacting Monroi support without success. He's been looking at alternatives ...[/url]
    The best alternative (and also the cheapest by far) is... paper and pen. Using an electronic device to record games is like using a car to go one block away.

Comment

Wouldn't be my choice either but the guy loves his toys ... ;-)
      "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Danny Kopec was supposed to be involved in developing such a device - possibly this is it?

Also - note that the last (advertised) release/upgrade was March, 2010.

(the NACA seems to service a small area of Illinois only - not North America) :-)
        Last edited by Hugh Brodie; Tuesday, 15th May, 2012, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
          Wouldn't be my choice either but the guy loves his toys ... ;-)
          speaking of toys, some one recently asked me if they could use a chess clock app on their iPad instead of a clock...

Comment

I've seen those chess clock apps being used at our chess cafe when no regular clock is available. You can "press" them like any touch-sensory clock, and the numbers are large and clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
              I've seen those chess clock apps being used at our chess cafe when no regular clock is available. You can "press" them like any touch-sensory clock, and the numbers are large and clear.
              I certainly wouldn't want anyone (even me!) bashing my tablet to press the clock...
              ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                the back is slightly curved so I would think it would not be very stable in a speed chess cafe environment.

Comment

Working...
                X