Ontario Open Chess Championship 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ontario Open Chess Championship 2012

I have just arrived back from Thunderbay Ont, and placed Third Place over all with a winnings of 33.00 for the event. I was extremely disappointed to see that there was about 20 players in the event and only it look like the prize money was the oca donation of 500.00 to the event. The noise was terrible people play another game in the room and none the less nothing was really done about it. I do not think much time of effort was really put into the event and I to 500.00 do get there to play and fly. I just want to know why no under 1900 prize was set in when 65 percent of the players fell into this category. The organizers and people were great and I was happy to see some missed faces, morally I just need clarification how the tournament was organized as one thing and completely played out differently.

Re: Ontario Open Chess Championship 2012

Originally posted by Mathew Cooke View Post
    I to 500.00 do get there to play and fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathew Cooke View Post
      I have just arrived back from Thunderbay Ont, and placed Third Place over all with a winnings of 33.00 for the event. I was extremely disappointed to see that there was about 20 players in the event and only it look like the prize money was the oca donation of 500.00 to the event. The noise was terrible people play another game in the room and none the less nothing was really done about it. I do not think much time of effort was really put into the event and I to 500.00 do get there to play and fly. I just want to know why no under 1900 prize was set in when 65 percent of the players fell into this category. The organizers and people were great and I was happy to see some missed faces, morally I just need clarification how the tournament was organized as one thing and completely played out differently.
      Ouch! $33 ... did 20 people tie for 3rd place?

Sounds like a less than stellar Ontario Open. Is there a crosstable or tournament report anywhere? (perhaps it is a bit early for that, if so, sorry)
      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
        Ouch! $33 ... did 20 people tie for 3rd place?

Sounds like a less than stellar Ontario Open. Is there a crosstable or tournament report anywhere? (perhaps it is a bit early for that, if so, sorry)

No only one other person tied for third.

Comment

Working...
        X