X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CYCC Pre-registration jump to 141! Today, May 30th, last day for reduce EF

We are at 141 pre-registered players.

Tomorrow rate will be $225.

Also you need to know that registering is not enough, you need to pay the fee in order to get the cheaper rate.

Re: CYCC Pre-registration jump to 141! Today, May 30th, last day for reduce EF

Seventeen kids from Windsor/Tecumseh/LaSalle/Belle River area and one from Chatham. There are at least a couple more who I wish were attending.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrei Botez View Post
      We are at 141 pre-registered players.

Tomorrow rate will be $225.

Also you need to know that registering is not enough, you need to pay the fee in order to get the cheaper rate.
      Good work, I think you may ask local YCC organizers to help send a reminder to those who qualified, I don't think much parents will check chesstalk.com regularly.
      BTW, according to the web site http://www.bcjuniorchess.com/cycc-2012/registration/, tomorrow should be still $175. it says before June 1st.
      Last edited by George Zhou; Wednesday, 30th May, 2012, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
        Seventeen kids from Windsor/Tecumseh/LaSalle/Belle River area and one from Chatham. There are at least a couple more who I wish were attending.
        CYCC oganizers should say thank you to John Coleman and all other coaches/volunteers of Windsor Chess Association. Maybe next time give a discount of entry fee to Windsor Chess Players as a group.:)

Comment

Originally posted by George Zhou View Post
          CYCC oganizers should say thank you to John Coleman and all other coaches/volunteers of Windsor Chess Association. Maybe next time give a discount of entry fee to Windsor Chess Players as a group.:)
          Hi George,

There is a saying that we should let sleeping dogs lie.

Windsor Chess Association has both good and bad connotations as there was an organization by that name in the 1990s which paid for the Canadian Open that was held in Windsor and also sponsored many chess tournaments and even travel to distant tournaments by Windsor chess players.

Anyway that is a topic for another day. If the rest of Canada were to supply players to the 2012 CYCC at the same proportion as Windsor and area then there would be about 2000 or so kids playing in Vancouver. This is especially interesting in light of the article on the front page of the Windsor Star today talking about the changing and changed demographics in Windsor with a steep decline in the number of children in our area due to the poor economy.

Comment

On a quick count, I make it

BC 69 players
            AB 7
            ON 61
            NB 2
            and 2 ex-pats, from China and India

Comment

Working...
            X