Toronto Closed - missing games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto Closed - missing games?

Are the round 9 games (and the late-scheduled round 8 game) available? They do not appear on the web page.

http://annexchessclub.com/2012/03/20...losed-results/

Are any games from the Reserves available?

Re: Toronto Closed - missing games?

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
    Are the round 9 games (and the late-scheduled round 8 game) available? They do not appear on the web page.

http://annexchessclub.com/2012/03/20...losed-results/

Are any games from the Reserves available?
    The Round-9 games and the late-scheduled Round-8 should be up soon. Not sure that there are going to be any Reserve games posted, though.

Some young juniors prefer not to have their games published - their parents claim it puts Canada at a disadvantage in international events. Not sure how many of the Reserve juniors fall into that category, but we thought most of the interest would be in the Championship games anyway.
    Marcus Wilker
    Annex Chess Club
    Toronto, Ontario

Comment

Hi Hugh,

They'll be on the Annex Website anytime.
      I just also uploaded them to chess5.
      http://www.chess5.com/tournament.php...to+Closed+2012
      There's a download icon for all PGNs on there as well.

Alex F.

Comment

Marcus wrote:

Some young juniors prefer not to have their games published - their parents claim it puts Canada at a disadvantage in international events.
        If that was the way all people felt - there would be no games published anywhere in the world! Why are we at a disadvantage? We can look at their games too - for instance, all the games from the recent German and French youth championships are available to the world.

I don't think I've met anyone who cared whether their games were published or not.

Comment

Scarborough Chess Club collects its tournament games, gives the tournament database back to all members, and forwards it to Hugh, to add to Canbase.

But I did have one parent who refused their child's handing in of their tournament games, for the reason that they did not want to present games for public knowledge, that opponents could use to prepare against them. But that was only one out of many, many top junior SCC players who do faithfully hand them in each week.

Bob

Comment

Hi Hugh,

I agree with you. Games should be published and people shouldn't hide their own games.
            Having said that, I actually know MANY people who do not want their games published anywhere, at all. I don't get it. What does a person learn from winning multiple games the exact same way? If these games are served for others to prepare, use it to one's advantage being better prepped in that line, or side-stepping it if it doesn't match what the new opponents normally play. Games available to others are also available to one-self (naturally). I've known several players who search their own games with regularity to verify what their opponents must be looking at. I would think that the more games one has published, the more work has to be done to remain on top of one self's game, thus improving as opposed to re-using something cheaply.
            Then again, I am an amateur who plays hundreds of games and change my openings all the time, not taking my chess play all that seriously.

Alex F.

Comment

Working...
            X