X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheaper Alternative to Monroi

My friend decided to buy this product:

http://www.nachess.org/enotate/learn-buy

Mainly, he said, because the Monroi support was very uncooperative when he had problems with his device. Anyway, he says the enotate works great and he is very happy with it. Just thought I would throw this out there as alternative to the Monroi if people are interested. Me, I use pencil and scoresheet. ;-)
    "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Re: Cheaper Alternative to Monroi

Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
    My friend decided to buy this product:

http://www.nachess.org/enotate/learn-buy

Mainly, he said, because the Monroi support was very uncooperative when he had problems with his device. Anyway, he says the enotate works great and he is very happy with it. Just thought I would throw this out there as alternative to the Monroi if people are interested. Me, I use pencil and scoresheet. ;-)
    READ the information on the main page (as linked):

Which PDAs are recommended for use?
    The Dell Axim x50or x51 running Windows Mobile 5 or 6.
    Do not purchase the x50v or x51v. There is a known video issue that is not scheduled to be addressed, along with known hardware problems with the 'v' model.

This looks like a dead product to me. It actually seems like it was born dead. What device does your friend use to run this product? It is hard to even find a working Dell Axim - even on Ebay.
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

This seems to be a regurgitation of the thread

http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/show...ghlight=monroi

Comment

Well he actually bought the product and is using it now. I will ask him how he uses it. I know nothing about these products (I wouldn't take any of them for free unless I could either sell them or take them apart for the metals inside) but I do know something about money and about customer service so figured people might be interested.
        "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
          ... Monroi support was very uncooperative when he had problems with his device.
          Tom,

I am entirely not surprised. I remember being part of a Chess Talk thread a few years ago about MonRoi, and it seemed the owner was adamant that the product was perfect and that it is the way of the future, and that every chess player in the world will eventually have or at least need one.

I remember leaving the conversation thinking: A) MonRoi's owners are very Borg-like in their responses to any enquiries that seemed even minutely negative, and B) the MonRoi devices were perfect and that any problems with the devices could only be caused by the users.

As such, I would never buy their product. Even if the product works perfectly, it was (and likely still is) very expensive, and their treatment of client issues was far less than professional.

An excellent product backed by poor service makes for a poor product.

Jordan
          No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Comment

I thought this would be a thread on pen and paper.

Comment

Pen is the more expensive alternative to pencil. Who are you, a Rockefeller?

Comment

I usually get my pens for free.

Comment

Pen is the more expensive alternative to pencil. Who are you, a Rockefeller?
                  Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
                  Rockefeller.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
                    From Whom?
                    Gary Ruben
                    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

This is what world class chess events are all about. At an average of 9 pens/tournament this can be quite lucrative.

Comment

Working...
                      X