X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Open letter to CFC President on non-Governor participation in 2012 AGM

Originally posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    ... What?

I did not know that he had not shredded them. He told us he had destroyed the box, and we were left with that. Later he apparently discovered them. Apparently Bob Gillanders has them now. I'm not seeing what I did wrong here, maybe you can point it out to me.
    I presume Peter was surprised to hear that the Thorvardsen Box had been found... Peter would be right to presume that others would be similarly surprised since I don't recall any mention of the blessed recovery was posted anywhere that I know about.

Bob G. posted elsewhere that he has the box and it is being used to file tax returns circa 2004 etc. Is there any initiative to have anyone look in there to see if there is any evidence of the funds being siphoned?

(perhaps Peter was shooting the messenger a little bit in his surprised state...)
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
      I presume Peter was surprised to hear that the Thorvardsen Box had been found... Peter would be right to presume that others would be similarly surprised since I don't recall any mention of the blessed recovery was posted anywhere that I know about.

Bob G. posted elsewhere that he has the box and it is being used to file tax returns circa 2004 etc. Is there any initiative to have anyone look in there to see if there is any evidence of the funds being siphoned?

(perhaps Peter was shooting the messenger a little bit in his surprised state...)
      Ahh yes, I suppose it could be read that way too.

I don't recall exactly when I was told that Eric actually did have the box. I could probably look it up. I'm pretty sure it was during Michael von Keitz's OCA Presidency though, so it was hardly my job to come and share it with the Chesstalkers! :)

In any case, even when I gave the box to Eric in the first place I told him he likely would not find anything of value for his "investigation" in there. While I hadn't been through all the papers with a fine-tooth comb, I had perused them and hadn't seen anything. It didn't even have an original copy of the Trillium agreement - just the draft version.
      Christopher Mallon
      FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
        Oh, lucky me. :( I am the current custodian of a box of documents from the Thorvardson years. I have them in order to piece together the financial records and file the necessary tax returns from 2004 onwards.
        If they are loose sheets, a Fujitsu Scan Snap would make fairly quick work of a box full. You could pass the resulting PDF on to those who are chomping at the bit. I am not one of them, but I am interested to see who is a cry-baby and who will take action.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
          If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers...

Comment

Originally posted by Aman Hambleton View Post
            If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers...
            Ah, the benefits of a liberal arts education, I Presume?
            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan Berry View Post
              If they are loose sheets, a Fujitsu Scan Snap would make fairly quick work of a box full. You could pass the resulting PDF on to those who are chomping at the bit. I am not one of them, but I am interested to see who is a cry-baby and who will take action.
              Who are you classifying as a crybaby?
              "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
              "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
              "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Working...
              X