• Show
Clear All

Re: Re : Re: CFC-FQE entente APPROVED BY BOTH SIDES

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    For 2012
    Code:
                  Family	Hon	Junior	LIFE	Adult	Total
    Quebec 	QC	-	18	22	24	51	115
    So 75 memberships are at risk according to the Jean Hebert's new doomsday scenario. Assuming he is half right as usual that means 37.5 or 38 people to give him the benefit of the doubt will not renew their CFC.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
      The FQE executive unanimously supported the agreement a couple of weeks ago. However, the representatives also had to support it. As Kerry pointed out, they support it, but with a few minor clarifications. They included the need for a player to take a membership from his territory (FQE for Quebec residents, CFC for Canadian residents). It was apparently the goal of the agreement, but was not clear enough. It should not change anything for the CFC governors, as the spirit and the result of the agreement is the same.

As Kerry showed though, if 15% of the FQE members wish a referendum, the FQE will hold one before September 30.
      Thank you Felix, that is my understanding of recent developments. It is the same agreement in principle, just the wording cleaned up a bit. Nevertheless, it will need to go back to the CFC governors to be ratified.
      Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Friday, 20th July, 2012, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
        Thank you Felix, that is my understanding of recent developments. It is the same agreement in principle, just the wording cleaned up a bit. Nevertheless, it will need to go back to the CFC governors to be ratified.
        Unless there is some material change, I don't think the governors need to vote on it again. As I recall, there was talk of a living breathing arrangement with some of the specifics still waiting to be worked out.

Comment

Re: CFC-FQE entente

I agree with Bob, this should go back for another vote. Just as future ammendments to the document should go back. If it is to be a living, breathing document the best way to handle that are ammendments agreed to by both parties.

Comment

At the Quebec Open, there will be a list to sign if an FQE member feels that there should be a referendum. I'm sure that most players there won't be aware of the whole story.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeljko Kitich View Post
              I agree with Bob, this should go back for another vote. Just as future ammendments to the document should go back. If it is to be a living, breathing document the best way to handle that are ammendments agreed to by both parties.
              I think the executive should deal with minor variations in wording. They have been given a strong mandate from the governors. If there is any material change in the situation then the governors should vote again on the changed agreement but I don't think the job of the governors is to vote on every change in the contract. If that were the case then the governors should be more involved in the day to day changes in the contract which governs the ED. The governors should also be involved in any variances in the arrangements with respect to the newsletter. Those contracts are far more significant and material to the financial situation of the CFC than the contract with the FQE. I do not think that the governors should vote on the details of those contracts either but if we are going to vote on something that we need not vote on, those two contracts seem more relevant.

The FQE deal is more significant from the point of view of bringing Quebec to the table and the governors largely voted in favour of that idea.

There are some large issues on the table with respect to bringing the CFC into compliance with new laws governing non-profits. We should not waste too much time revisiting issues that have already been addressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                I think the executive should deal with minor variations in wording. They have been given a strong mandate from the governors. If there is any material change in the situation then the governors should vote again on the changed agreement but I don't think the job of the governors is to vote on every change in the contract. If that were the case then the governors should be more involved in the day to day changes in the contract which governs the ED. The governors should also be involved in any variances in the arrangements with respect to the newsletter. Those contracts are far more significant and material to the financial situation of the CFC than the contract with the FQE. I do not think that the governors should vote on the details of those contracts either but if we are going to vote on something that we need not vote on, those two contracts seem more relevant.

The FQE deal is more significant from the point of view of bringing Quebec to the table and the governors largely voted in favour of that idea.

There are some large issues on the table with respect to bringing the CFC into compliance with new laws governing non-profits. We should not waste too much time revisiting issues that have already been addressed.
                The other contracts you mention such as the ED are routine. Guidelines have already been established and everyone is aware of how it is supposed to work. This is something new and definitely not routine and has been changed even before the ink has dried. Perhaps in future it will become so routine that what you suggest will be the case. However, right now in my opinion it is too soon to treat it at the non-governor level. It is still at the 'political' level if you well and definitely in the gestation stages.

That's why I agree with Bob. The agreement with the FQE is at the strategic level and as such it should require board approval ie the governor's. If this was done on any of the non-profit boards I have served on this would definitely be board handled but turned over to the ED once it became day to day operational.
                Last edited by Zeljko Kitich; Saturday, 21st July, 2012, 03:38 PM.

Comment

In my opinion I doubt the changes will actually change anyone's mind - so why not renew the mandate from the Governors?

That's just my opinion of course..
                  Christopher Mallon
                  FIDE Arbiter

Comment

An amended agreement, whether the changes are minor or substantive, requires ratification by the Governors, in my opinion. Such a vote provides greater legitimacy to the arrangement.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
                      An amended agreement, whether the changes are minor or substantive, requires ratification by the Governors, in my opinion. Such a vote provides greater legitimacy to the arrangement.
                      The Execs can take action in their hands, and postpone the Governors approval till the next annual meeting. (as I remember)

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                        The Execs can take action in their hands, and postpone the Governors approval till the next annual meeting. (as I remember)
                        Only on something that is time-sensitive IIRC. This is not :p
                        Christopher Mallon
                        FIDE Arbiter

Comment

At the FQE AGM, the vote was 29-3 in favour (with 4 abstentions) of the entente.
                          Last edited by Hugh Brodie; Monday, 23rd July, 2012, 11:28 AM. Reason: Post now shows the correct vote result.

Comment

Working...
                          X