Quebec Open - all 343 available games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quebec Open - all 343 available games

Includes all games from round 8 of the Invitational, as well as many from the lower sections. Gaps in the lower sections will gradually be filled in.

http://canbase.fqechecs.qc.ca/cbv/20102019/2012_coq.cbv
    http://canbase.fqechecs.qc.ca/cbv/20102019/2012_coq.pgn

Saturday is the last round at 11 am; blitz tournament at 7. I might not be able to post the round 9 games until Saturday evening - check the official site if you want them (the Invitational section only) earlier:

http://echecsmontreal.ca/coq/suivre.html

Check the game Le Duin-Tomb (round 8, Open section) for an instructive KRBP vs KRB with opposite coloured B's.
    Last edited by Hugh Brodie; Saturday, 28th July, 2012, 12:42 AM.

Re: Quebec Open - all 343 available games

Wow! 68 views within 10 minutes of posting! Do people do nothing but read Chesstalk at 12:30 am (or are all the viewers on the Wet Coast)?

Comment

I have 67 helpers each assigned to analyze 1 game. We were all up watching Sir Paul McCartney on the telly anyway ;). Nice endgame trap by Wesley So tonight. Thx, ---Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post

Check the game Le Duin-Tomb (round 8, Open section) for an instructive KRBP vs KRB with opposite coloured B's.
        Check out Carrier - Hebert from the same section where white seems to have missed 30. Ng6. I love playing through French Winawer games. :)
        Gary Ruben
        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Why is Hebert not playing in the top section?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Profit View Post
            Why is Hebert not playing in the top section?
            No doubt he was just wanting to generously share some rating points with all those 20xx and 21xx players he played against...

My actual guess is it was because he needed a bye and perhaps they were not allowed in the top section?
            Christopher Mallon
            FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
              No doubt he was just wanting to generously share some rating points with all those 20xx and 21xx players he played against...

My actual guess is it was because he needed a bye and perhaps they were not allowed in the top section?
              Hebert is getting old, and is not at the point in his career where playing top GMs is his primary concern.

Playing in the open section gives him a chance to win some money (About a 95% chance he finishes first or second). Playing in the invitation section doesn't bring him anything at all at this point in this career. He isn't after the experience anymore considering Hebert has accomplished almost everything a professional chess player strives for.

I am a big fan of Hebert's chess and I hope what I said is not taken in the wrong way. It is a compliment.

Norm

Comment

Working...
              X