Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Annual Chess in the Library Festival

Hi everyone!

My name is Tina Fang. To many of those who know me, you'll know me as a young chess player in Canada. I have participated in many youth tournaments like the OYCC and the CYCC. Last November, I represented Canada in the WYCC in Brazil. But I'm here, now in my chess career, to do something different. I want to promote chess. So as the outreach coordinator of Chess in the Library (CITL), I will tell the chess community here in Chesstalk about the exciting things that CITL has the offer.

I started my blogging for CITL with a post on the 3rd Annual CITL Festival. What a great event to start off my blog. The festival was truly special as it celebrated the tremendously successful program. Thank you for all who came out to the program and everyone that has supported our program in any way. For those of you who are unable to attend or just want to relive the amazing festival, I hope to have captured some of it's great moments with the post. Along with words, there are awesome pictures and videos to go with it. So make sure to check them out!

The blog: http://chessinthelibrary.blogspot.ca...-festival.html

Thanks for reading!
    Tina Fang

Re: 3rd Annual Chess in the Library Festival

Hey Chesstalkers!

Some of you may have paid attention to CITL's 3rd Annual Executive Board Election held one month ago. News of the new team lineup was posted on facebook, the CITL blog, and chesstalk. And yes, it is true: after founding the organization in 2009 and leading the team to great success for the past three years, I have decided that it is time to pass on the baton.

If you remember, CITL started from scratch in June 2009. I had no experience, no funding, no resources, no team - it was truly a "one woman show" haha. Looking back, I had the time of my life building the CITL kingdom one brick at a time. The best part? Getting to know everyone on a personal level, whether it be the dozens of library Branch Heads, the hundreds of volunteers, the handful of sponsors, and finally, the countless participants that brought smiles to the program each and every single week. Some of the bonds I made in this big Chess in the Library family will surely last a lifetime. And I want to take a minute here to sincerely thank everyone who involved in this organization for the past three years from the bottom of my heart. I couldn't have done it without you.

The above paragraphs is an extract from my latest blog post, perhaps one of the last. If you want to read more, here it is: http://yuanlingyuan.blogspot.ca/2012...-on-baton.html

Do not worry - Chess in the Library can operate just as well, if not even better without it's founder. CITL has grown to a full fledged organization that has a 7-member Executive Board and a 5-member Junior Executive Board that has already started taking action. The latest news is that CITL has opened a new location in Surrey, BC! As you can see, I am super proud of the team! :D

Tina Fang who posted regarding the 3rd Annual CITL Festival is the new Outreach Coordinator of CITL. You will all be heard a lot more updates from her next year, whether it be on our blog, facebook page or chesstalk. She has adapted quite the sense of blogging and I have 100% confidence in her ability to keep you all informed on our progess!

I hope that you will all continue to support CITL's cause for promoting chess in Canada! Thank you! :)

Comment

Working...
    X