Sebastien Feller - Is his chess career finished?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sebastien Feller - Is his chess career finished?

Chessbase: FIDE confirms sanctions in French cheating case

For some years now it's been a fairly common thing for Canadian organizers of large tournaments to invite foreign GMs to their events. I'm curious, would any Canadian organizer consider inviting GM Feller to an event once he's served his time, or are Feller's prospects for invitations to Canadian events pretty much non-existent?
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Re: Sebastien Feller - Is his chess career finished?

sounds like one bad feller
    everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

That guy is so aesthetic...

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

For some years now it's been a fairly common thing for Canadian organizers of large tournaments to invite foreign GMs to their events. I'm curious, would any Canadian organizer consider inviting GM Feller to an event once he's served his time, or are Feller's prospects for invitations to Canadian events pretty much non-existent?
        I wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

What were his prospects for being invited to a Canadian event prior to the scandal? Not particularly good I would think as he was not all that well known before. If say you wanted to specifically invite a top French GM there are at least 9 of those ahead of him that you could invite. If you just wanted to invite a strong GM there are at least a hundred you could invite ahead of him even if you eliminate the top 20 GMs as not likely to accept.
          Last edited by Zeljko Kitich; Tuesday, 31st July, 2012, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X