athens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• athens

Just arrived in Athens airport its 10:30 am here after a ten hour direct MTL-ATH with Air Canada. I can never get a decent sleep on planes with the legroom and stuff so time to catch up during the day. I am one of the first ones here . I've been pretty sick for about 10 days so If I can get completely better by the first round on Aug 2nd that will be perfect since this is the most important even on my summer circuit. This event will also have the largest Canadian delegation ever with 6 players as far as I know.

World Junior

Re: athens

Best of luck and get well soon. You can gets lots of fresh squeezed lemon or orange juice to drink in Athens; they make a great iced lemonade drink.

Comment

Good luck Eric ! We're rooting for you ....

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Hansen View Post
        Just arrived in Athens airport its 10:30 am here after a ten hour direct MTL-ATH with Air Canada. I can never get a decent sleep on planes with the legroom and stuff so time to catch up during the day. I am one of the first ones here . I've been pretty sick for about 10 days so If I can get completely better by the first round on Aug 2nd that will be perfect since this is the most important even on my summer circuit. This event will also have the largest Canadian delegation ever with 6 players as far as I know.

World Junior
        Good luck Eric!

Comment

Shiyam is black in the first round vs the clear top seed Ding Liren (2695) !!

Comment

I guess that's what you guys/girls are there for - to play the best juniors in the world!

....And kick butt!! Good luck to you all today!

Bob

Comment

I see only five players from Canada on the list - I may have missed someone.

The players>>>>>http://wjcc2012.chessdom.com/wjcc-20...s-open-section

Oops, I missed the girls section = the sixth player.
              Last edited by Vlad Dobrich; Thursday, 2nd August, 2012, 07:24 AM.

Comment

You can follow the games live
                here>>>>http://livechess.chessdom.com/site/

Comment

It's not clear to me if ALL of the games are being broadcast. I can't find Eric's game, for example.

The software at ChessBomb seems to cut off the right hand side of the pairing data. I've solved such issues in the past but I can't remember this morning how I did it. Suggestions appreciated.
                  Last edited by Nigel Hanrahan; Thursday, 2nd August, 2012, 12:09 PM. Reason: sp. and add comment about software
                  Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

There are "only" 34 games on Chessbomb. Hansen's game is not bring broadcast on that site.

The software problem sounds like window size or screen resolution. I can see everything okay; my screen is 1680 x 1050.

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
                      There are "only" 34 games on Chessbomb. Hansen's game is not bring broadcast on that site.

The software problem sounds like window size or screen resolution. I can see everything okay; my screen is 1680 x 1050.
                      Looks like Shiyam and Aman lost their first game... :(
                      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

ah. I found it. In Firefox I just "zoom text" (Menu Bar = View/Zoom/Zoom Text only) and the problem is solved. Lots of web pages are poorly designed and only work best, or at all, for certain browsers.

Is there another site broadcasting games?

Comment

Shiyam and Aman spotted their opponents ~ 400 and 250 rating points respectively. The results can't be too big a surprise. I didn't like the disrespectful remarks in the chat section, however, but what can you do?

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Hanrahan View Post
                            Shiyam and Aman spotted their opponents ~ 400 and 250 rating points respectively. The results can't be too big a surprise. I didn't like the disrespectful remarks in the chat section, however, but what can you do?
                            I saw those remarks (long after the game ended, so I couldn't even tell what the remarks specifically were aimed toward) and I also thought: "disgusting". It is easy to sit at home watching on the internet and pontificating isn't it? Hopefully they can shake it off and dig in as we believe they can.

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post

Eric won his first round game against Srdjan Jefic (BIH ?)
                              - official site is here:

http://wjcc2012.chessdom.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X