Most Active Canadian - Last 15 Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Active Canadian - Last 15 Years

Since January 26th 1997, I have played 288 official CFC-rated tournaments ( thanks to Zach Dukic for this piece of trivia ). That's an average over 15.5 years of 18.6 tournaments per year. I was the most active tournament player in Canada in 2007, and fifth most active in 2008.

‎I wonder if I hold the Canadian record for this last 15 year period??

Anyone know??

Can I claim the title of " most active Canadian " for this period - the most tournament games per year, on average?

Bob A

Re: Most Active Canadian - Last 15 Years

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
    Since January 26th 1997, I have played 288 official CFC-rated tournaments ( thanks to Zach Dukic for this piece of trivia ). That's an average over 15.5 years of 18.6 tournaments per year. I was the most active tournament player in Canada in 2007, and fifth most active in 2008.

Anyone know??

Can I claim the title of " most active Canadian " for this period - the most tournament games per year, on average?

Bob A
    Just claim the title Bob, if someone will challange that, he/she will need to prove you wrong doing the work.

Comment

Re: Most Active Canadian Since Jan. 26, 1997

Hi Andrei:

Great strategy! - I believe there is something similar in the Parliamentary Rules of Order used in Quebec - on a motion - no vote - it passes unless there is an objection ( then a vote ).

Should I go ahead and just claim to be the " Most Active Canadian since January 26, 1997 " ( Zach Dukic's actual birth date! )??

Bob

Comment

How many games is that? They might all be 3-round "quad" events, while others have fewer events, but more games.

In Quebec, Serge Lacroix has played 4225 FQE-rated games since 1972. So far this year, he has played in 19 tournaments - approximately 81 games. Over the last 15 years, he has averaged well over 20 tournaments annually - and there were 2 years in which he hardly played at all.

so - I would say Serge Lacroix owns the title of "most active Canadian" for the last 15 years. :-)

Comment

Hi Hugh:

I can always count on you to have the stats!! LOL

No quads in my total - all weekend swisses and longer, and regular SCC swisses - some Dutton CC and Bayview Games Club.

Well, it looks like I am bettered!! Congratulations Serge!!

Bob
          Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Thursday, 2nd August, 2012, 06:25 PM.

Comment

It would be extremely easy for the program I wrote to calculate class titles to also pull this kind of information. It could go back as far as the online DB goes anyway.
            Christopher Mallon
            FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Hi Chris:

So all we need is the governors to pass a motion establishing " the most active Canadian player in the last 15 years " award. and then the numbers would be crunched?

Bob

Comment

LOL. No, I could just have it pull a few interesting stats the next time we run it. Which is probably due, now that I think about it.
                Christopher Mallon
                FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post

Anyone know??

Bob A
                  This post wasn't good enough for you Bob?

http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/showthread.php?t=5940

Comment

Hi Roger:

2001-11 - Games played:

1 109502 Micah Hughey 2155 1084 [/tr]
                    2 100034 Robert J. Armstrong 1712 1047

Thanks Roger - I had conveniently forgotten that I was no. 2 after your number crunching. And now it seems, with Serge Lacroix leading the field, I am no. 3!!

Still not bad for an old guy edging into oblivion!

Bob A

Comment

My database has Serge Lacroix games going back to 1956. Are there any active Canadian players who have older games in databases? (Zoltan Sarosy has games from 1949, but he had not settled in Canada yet)

Comment

Hi Hugh:

I think my earliest rated game would be from the University of Western Ontario Chess Club Championship in 1965.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                          My database has Serge Lacroix games going back to 1956. Are there any active Canadian players who have older games in databases? (Zoltan Sarosy has games from 1949, but he had not settled in Canada yet)

P.Haley? He might play in the next year CO

Comment

Yup - I have Phil Haley's games from the Canadian Closed of 1945.

Is he still active? I don't have any of his games more recent than 2009.

Comment

Hi Hugh:

Phil's still chugging along, but his health has not been so good lately, and it has prevented him from playing in a few tournaments I know he would still have liked to participate in. He hasn't been a member at Scarborough CC for a few years now. But he just scored a hat trick in the SCC Newsletter, by winning the Trivia Quiz three Issues in a row!! Can't keep a good chessplayer down!

Haven't communicated with him personally though in a bit.

Bob
                              Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Friday, 3rd August, 2012, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X