Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Zonal - some photos

some pix I took last week.
    Links only: I couldn't embed the images without getting broken links. Once again the idiot-proof website provider pbworks.com proves I'm an idiot.

panorama from rd.2 with about half the players visible.

IM Title play-off between Gusev and Wang:

FM Title play-off between Humphreys and Qin.

Bator and son collect the Trophee Les Bunning from TD Serge Archambault.

Re: 2012 Zonal - some photos

Were there name tags? I didn't notice any in the pictures?
    Gary Ruben
    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
      Were there name tags?
      no

(and here's 2 meet the minimum # of characters)

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
        Were there name tags? I didn't notice any in the pictures?
        No name tags... no demo boards... looks like SAP's contribution wasn't enough to pay minimum wage to Jean Hebert.
        Only the rushing is heard...
        Onward flies the bird.

Comment

They did have name tags on the tables in the ladies' section. Otherwise - no one seemed to mind/care, since I was usually the only spectator in either room (besides some of the parents of the younger players).
          Last edited by Hugh Brodie; Monday, 13th August, 2012, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
            They did have name tags on the tables in the ladies' section. Otherwise - no one seemed to mind/care, since I was usually the only spectator in either room (besides some of the parents of the younger players).
            I think tall spectators might have had a bit of a problem - the ceiling seems somewhat "close" from the pictures... Perhaps the picture do not do justice, but the rooms seems very claustrophobic to me - were there any windows (for example)?
            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

No windows (except onto the corridor) - but in the corridor there was a skylight. I'm not sure how high the ceiling was - but it appeared rather low - maybe 6'6" or 6'7".

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                I was usually the only spectator in either room (besides some of the parents of the younger players).
                I didn't know you were there; you should have said "hi".

Ceiling was low, but as HB said, only someone over 6'4" could have had a problem.

Name tags by the boards are nice but unnecessary; and they would have required a larger room, since the tables were full with two boards, two clocks and four score sheets.

Demo boards a would have been a waste of time and space since anyone who wanted could walk up the the games and look directly (this isn't the Pioneers' Hall c.1960) and the top players all had their games on MonRoi for online coverage, and Olympic stadium has free Wi-Fi, so some of the parents watched the games on their laptops in the skittles room or in the cafeteria.
                Last edited by John Upper; Monday, 13th August, 2012, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X