X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aris Marghetis
    replied
    Re: Re : Superfest 2012...

P.S. Larry, would you or the arbiter(s) be able to post a final pre-registered list? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Aris Marghetis
    replied
    Re: Re : Superfest 2012...

Originally posted by Jean Hébert View Post
    It takes years to build up such events. I cannot understand the reasoning which led to hopes of instant success. The World Open, to take one example, took years to become what it is today, in a much more favourable (numerous) market then ours.
    By the way I am registered, contrary to those admiring, positive and "supportive" people who would have liked to play, who would have attended if... etc. etc.
    I agree with Jean about events building up over time. Larry, I hope this initial one at least comes close to breaking even, so that you could consider trying to build it in the years to come. I believe you are onto something, but it might take a year or two of players telling people-who-wanted-to-play just what they missed out on. My 2c worth.

Leave a comment:

• Jean Hébert
    replied
    Re : Superfest 2012...

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
    am I disappointed yes...should I listen to my staff more...yess...okay...since I never cancel anything I announce (at least since I had a disaster a number of years back where I really could not afford the loss...the person involved was not happy...neither was I...and since then I said to myself...what I lose is what I lose...life goes on)

Hey there is a great event happening in the Laurentians starting on Aug 15...these prizes are GUARANTEED!

Wake up :)
    It takes years to build up such events. I cannot understand the reasoning which led to hopes of instant success. The World Open, to take one example, took years to become what it is today, in a much more favourable (numerous) market then ours.
    By the way I am registered, contrary to those admiring, positive and "supportive" people who would have liked to play, who would have attended if... etc. etc.

Leave a comment:

• Larry Bevand
    replied
    Re: Superfest 2012...

Originally posted by Zeljko Kitich View Post
    Sadly I am unable to go because I am out of the country. If I was in Canada I would definitely go.

Thanks Guys!

The Manager here is the same guy that managed the Lord Berri when we did the N. A. event a couple of years ago...and we blew the numbers out of the water...full house

This proporty is incredible! So the fellow called me...I spent an evening there on his tab...myohmy...it is incredible...okay...so I ask my staff...thay say...this is not your clientele...and I say...and this is tooo good to miss!

duh...here we are 2....days before the event...if you show up now you will be a winner...

Larry

Leave a comment:

• Zeljko Kitich
    replied

Sadly I am unable to go because I am out of the country. If I was in Canada I would definitely go.

Leave a comment:

• Christopher Mallon
    replied

Oh definitely, if this was next summer I'd probably be going :)

Leave a comment:

• Aris Marghetis
    replied

I have just gotten back into playing, and am planning a series of tournaments to attend in the next few months. The lodging rate that Larry has scored is INCREDIBLY LOW! :)

Leave a comment:

• Larry Bevand
    replied

Originally posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    I'm not exactly sure looking at it on the surface why more people haven't registered!?

It looks like a great event and currently the per capita prize is around $130 which is pretty high, which should entice more people to register, or at least you would think...

Especially when you combine that with extremely low registration rate and relatively low accommodation rates!
    Hi Chris,

Thanks for the positive feedback :)

I was up here 2 weekends ago...it was awesome! Entry fees are Quebec based (low) ...lodging...you can not find anything in North Asmerica at these rates for anything so awesome...anyway...if weather permits...we have a Vollybally tournament in the works :)

If the hotel tells you there are no rooms available...call me gee...I will find you a Great room :)

But Chris you are right...this is a great event....it is not too late...REGISTER with me directly!

Larry

Leave a comment:

• Christopher Mallon
    replied

I'm not exactly sure looking at it on the surface why more people haven't registered!?

It looks like a great event and currently the per capita prize is around $130 which is pretty high, which should entice more people to register, or at least you would think...

Especially when you combine that with extremely low registration rate and relatively low accommodation rates!

Leave a comment:

• Larry Bevand
    started a topic Superfest 2012...

Superfest 2012...

am I disappointed yes...should I listen to my staff more...yess...okay...since I never cancel anything I announce (at least since I had a disaster a number of years back where I really could not afford the loss...the person involved was not happy...neither was I...and since then I said to myself...what I lose is what I lose...life goes on)

Hey there is a great event happening in the Laurentians starting on Aug 15...these prizes are GUARANTEED!

Wake up :).

http://www.chess-math.org/superfest2012/

Honestly this is an incredible location....

We will lose about $10,000 on this event...enjoy the summer in the Laurentians at our expense :)

Larry
Working...
X