Kasparov, Pussy Riot, GM bites cop! What could be better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kasparov, Pussy Riot, GM bites cop! What could be better?

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/ar...police-officer

Re: Kasparov, Pussy Riot, GM bites cop! What could be better?

As GM Short put it, Kasparov will soon come out with a new book-"My Great Persecutors!"

Comment

From the video I watched, the cop took a few swings at Kasparov but it was difficult to see where they landed. Maybe he hit him in the mouth and then claimed Kasparov bit him?

However, I believe the fact that Kasparov is standing up against a corrupt dictatorship, promoting democracy, is the real story here. He has definitely attracted a lot of attention by getting arrested. Perhaps Kasparov is hoping it is the catalyst that will stimulate the masses to rise up in protest?

After the Pussy Riot women got two years in Siberia, Putin is expecting there will be less demonstrating in public. The next few weeks will be interesting to watch as to what direction this is going to take.

I would like to add that Kasparov is a brave soul, risking a lot for what he believes in, and is a hero for standing up to Putin. If you want to know what happens to people who cross Putin, do a little bit of research and you will see how dangerous of a man he is.

Comment

Kasparov was lucky that he was not arrested by policemen trained by Canadian police forces :D

Comment

[QUOTE=Ralph Deline;54919]From the video I watched, the cop took a few swings at Kasparov but it was difficult to see where they landed. Maybe he hit him in the mouth and then claimed Kasparov bit him?QUOTE]
          Lol, reminds me of an old Russian joke that goes something like this, if you hit my foot with your nose again, I'll get really angry!

Comment

Working...
          X