X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Canada 3 wins; Noritsyn trying to draw in a knight and pawn ending

Nice start for the men's Canadian team.

Nikolay just resigned.
    Last edited by Erwin Casareno; Tuesday, 28th August, 2012, 12:58 PM. Reason: confusing result

Re: Team Canada 3 wins; Noritsyn trying to draw in a knight and pawn ending

This makes no sense - in the position given, Black is lost and should resign. Is the position wrong?
    As it stands, if Black moves his knight he loses the f-pawn. If he retreats the king, White's king penetrates and queens the b-pawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
      This makes no sense - in the position given, Black is lost and should resign. Is the position wrong?
      As it stands, if Black moves his knight he loses the f-pawn. If he retreats the king, White's king penetrates and queens the b-pawn.
      Two possibilities:
      1. Nikolay lost on time
      2. Wrong result

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin Casareno View Post
        Two possibilities:
        1. Nikolay lost on time
        2. Wrong result
        The online live games presentation is totally incompetent. It's a waste of time trying to follow the games. The Turkish organizers have been scammed by fraudulent computer techies. And the viewing public has been cheated of their time. What a joke!

Comment

If Canada's board order was what I think it was:

Gerzhoy (Black)
          Noritsyn (White)
          Hansen (Black)
          Porper (White)

then Canada won 4-0 (assuming the positions are correct.

Comment

Re: Team Canada 3 wins; Noritsyn in a knight and pawn ending??

Nice start for the men's Canadian team.

Nikolay just resigned.
            No. He was with White pieces - although the online live games viewer makes that nearly impossible to determine...
            Canada 4-0 Open and Women's Team!
            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

The online live games presentation is totally incompetent. It's a waste of time trying to follow the games. The Turkish organizers have been scammed by fraudulent computer techies. And the viewing public has been cheated of their time. What a joke!
              Noritsyn was white !!

Comment

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post
                Noritsyn was white !!
                Yes, I read the diagram as Noritsyn as White. But they showed a result that Black won 0 - 1.

If you read my post earlier (above) you would see that I described how White (Noritsyn) must win the game.
                Last edited by Vlad Dobrich; Tuesday, 28th August, 2012, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Yes, I read the diagram as Noritsyn as White. But they showed a result that Black won 0 - 1.
                  the official website has changed the result to reflect a 4-0 win by the men's Canadian team.......

Comment

the official website has changed the result to reflect a 4-0 win by the men's Canadian team.......
                    Thanks, Erwin. Now you can be correct in your earlier statement>>>>

"Nice start for the men's Canadian team."

Comment

When looking at the game replay viewer, light brown means white and dark brown is black. One can flip the viewer to see the game from a favored side. The player's name should appear in that color accordingly.

Comment

Thanks, Erwin. Now you can be correct in your earlier statement>>>>

"Nice start for the men's Canadian team."
                        Yes Vlad.....its really nice to see tean Canada win 4-0.

I understand the emotional impact when the officail website wrongly recorded the result as a loss for our favored IM.

I'll visit you in about 3 weeks to play in your rapid tournament.

Comment

I predicted Canada would finish 31st, and that's where they are after round 1!

If normal Swiss pairings are used, Canada will play Italy in round 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                            I predicted Canada would finish 31st, and that's where they are after round 1!

If normal Swiss pairings are used, Canada will play Italy in round 2.
                            IF you can believe anything on the Olympiad website, it looks like Canada (Open team) is playing Turkmenistan in round 2, and the Women are playing Kazakhstan.
                            Last edited by Kerry Liles; Tuesday, 28th August, 2012, 03:02 PM. Reason: Open versus "Women" blaargh
                            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Working...
                            X