Round 8 Olympiad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rd. 8 - Women's Team - In Progress

But Ne8 Qf6 sure is an imaginative resource.

Comment

Re: Rd. 8 - Women's Team - In Progress

Refuted by Qe3+ Kg2 Qxe4+xe8. Oh well.

Comment

Re: Round 8 Olympiad

I can't believe it, Hazel has totally blown a won game, first by missing 37.Nd5 and now by 46.Ne8. What a shame.

Oops hold on, Black missed 47.Qd1, and played c2 instead.

I can't watch, I've got a weak heart...

Comment

Looks like Hazel now has a perp, Black had to play 48... Qc3 instead of h5.

Congratulations (not premature, I hope) for a good fighting game.

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
            I can't watch, I've got a weak heart...
            Laugh. That's what I'm doing.

Our mens team has won. Under normal circumstances players the strength they are playing would be paying our players for chess lessons. Those excellerated Swiss pairings sure have a way of punishing strong players who have a few bad rounds.
            Gary Ruben
            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

I think they'll play well today. They were going to play the first 4 boards but Dina wanted a break from black pieces. Hazel has had a few close calls that she's missed converting; but she's competed well and I'm proud of her. Her first opponent from Cuba is in gold medal position now.

Yesterday she really took control early; we were very concerned because she wasn't close to well enough to play the day before. Missing a couple of winning moves was unfortunate but not giving up and swindling a draw was great. This kind of break could motivate her to a strong finish, but regardless she's picked up a ton of experience and contributed best she can to her team.
              Last edited by Duncan Smith; Saturday, 22nd November, 2008, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Smith View Post
                This kind of break could motivate her to a strong finish, but regardless she's picked up a ton of experience and contributed best she can to her team.
                There's a chess cliche I didn't have written down.

I picked up a ton of experience and contributed the best I can for my team.
                Gary Ruben
                CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
                X