X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto Chess News

Toronto Chess News

Canada’s Only “ Independent “ Chess E - Newsletter
    Covering Toronto Chess News, and Beyond!

“ Chess IS Life! – GM Bobby Fischer ”

Issue # 1-1 – September 1, 2012

TCN – A New Player on the Block!

As some of you may know, I, Bob Armstrong, founded the Scarborough Chess Club Newsletter in its current form in Sept. 1999. I was the sole editor for the last 13 years of The Scarborough Community of Toronto Chess News & Views. I enjoyed the job. I feel the newsletter was an asset to Scarborough Chess Club.

But I decided it was time to move on to new challenges. So I handed in my resignation as SCC Newsletter Editor to the SCC Executive at the end of August.

One of the new challenges I decided to take on, was to found, publish and edit a new independent electronic newsletter, called the “ Toronto Chess News “.- and … presto!..... here it is!! It is being published by my chess services company, Canadian Chess Consulting Service. It is providing me as the new Editor.

TCN will cover chess news at all levels: international/FIDE; national/CFC; provincial/OCA; regional/GTCL, and will cover the activities of local Toronto and GTA chess clubs and local GTA tournaments. I will continue to write original articles, as I did in the Scarborough CC newsletter, as well as republishing interesting information from various chess websites. It is my hope that local chess clubs and tournaments will soon submit games to this new newsletter, and I will annotate them as I have done over the years with respect to SCC Member games.

The Toronto Chess News e-newsletter is free to subscribers.

If you would like a complimentary Issue # 1-1 or to become a free subscriber to Toronto Chess News, then please contact Canadian Chess Consulting Service: canadianchessconsultingservice@gmail.com.

On into a bright future!

Canadian Chess Consulting Service ( CCCS ), TCN Publisher
    Bob Armstrong, TCN Editor

Re: Toronto Chess News

What's the publication schedule?

Comment

Re: Toronto Chess News

Hi Michael:

1st and 15th of each month.

Bob

Comment

Working...