GM (elect) Eric Hansen: new page on wikipedia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM (elect) Eric Hansen: new page on wikipedia

I've written a new article on wikipedia.org on Canada's newest Grandmaster, Eric Hansen. :)

People who have additional relevant information on Eric are encouraged to contribute.

Re: GM (elect) Eric Hansen: new page on wikipedia

Originally posted by Frank Dixon View Post
    I've written a new article on wikipedia.org on Canada's newest Grandmaster, Eric Hansen. :)

People who have additional relevant information on Eric are encouraged to contribute.
    Link please :)

Comment

Wikipedia.org - search for Eric Hansen
      No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan S. Berson View Post
        Wikipedia.org - search for Eric Hansen
        Obviously I did... and didn't find his wikipedia page

Comment

There is more than one Eric Hansen with an article on wikipedia. I designated Eric Hansen (chess player) for our Canadian GM. If you try that, it will work.

Comment

There is more than one Eric Hansen with an article on wikipedia. I designated Eric Hansen (chess player) for our Canadian GM. If you try that, it will work.
            Does it really hurt just to give a link...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Hansen_(chess_player) for EVERYONE to see.

Comment

Also, Eric Hansen did NOT get a GM norm at the World Junior. The "never trust Wikipedia" saying still holds :)

Comment

Noted and corrected. He apparently made one earlier this year in Europe; anyone know the details!? :)

Comment

Noted and corrected. He apparently made one earlier this year in Europe; anyone know the details!? :)
                  Isthmia 2012. Couple days after the World Junior.

Comment

Thank you, Andy! I've added this result to the wiki article, along with some more info on Eric! :)

Comment

Eric Hansen is a boss. Enough said.

Comment

Thanks to GM Nakamura for posting on this thread! He has a complimentary outlook on Canada's newest GM! Pretty sweet when one of the world's top players takes an interest in chesstalk posting! :)

I note that another wikipedia contributor has recently made significant additions to the article on GM Hansen, including a nice picture of Eric at the board. I was hoping for this. I'm guessing this was IA David Cohen, who has made important contributions across the realm of chess in Canada for 30+ years.

GM Eric Hansen told me he is taking a break from his university studies to focus on chess full-time for the next while. Let's all wish him good luck and good skill as he enters the world of professional chess, with, hopefully, as many strong events in Europe and elsewhere as he can manage. Keep up the great results!! :)

Comment

Working...
                        X