Grey Cup fever hits Montreal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grey Cup fever hits Montreal

There is a huge crowd from Edmonton in town as fans made their plans hoping-expecting to be in the big game :).

We got an emergency call from the folks from "The spirit of Edmonton" at 3:30 pm today at our Montreal Strategy Games shop. They needed 2,000 green poker chips...for this evening! Yikes...okay, so I asked the fellow on the phone what he needed the poker chips for...he said we are using them as tokens when someone pays for a beer...we give him the poker chip which he then cashes in for a beer. They came with 10,000 chips but they are running out as for some reason people are leaving the place with the chips (!). Well we didn't have 2,000 poker chips of the same colour...but after a little thought (and thanks to Zev at the shop) we proposed dominoes as replacements for poker chips. Done deal! Glad to have been of service to the folks from Edmonton in their drinking spree in Montreal :)

What does this post have to do with chess...absolutely nohing...I just thought it was fun :)

Larry

Re: Grey Cup fever hits Montreal

You could have sold them chess sets. A white pawn is worth 1, a black pawn is worth 3, a White Knight is worth 5, a Black Knight is worth 10 ... a Black King is worth DOA.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan Berry View Post
      You could have sold them chess sets. A white pawn is worth 1, a black pawn is worth 3, a White Knight is worth 5, a Black Knight is worth 10 ... a Black King is worth DOA.
      A new chess drinking game!? I approve as an Edmontonian and an alcoholic...

Comment

I also heard a group from Toronto were in town expecting to see the Argos in the Grey Cup......

Good for Montreal-best time to hold Grey Cup-after losing Canada's largest Sporting event-Formula 1 race for 2009-350,000 people attend race over a 3 day weekend-bringing about $100,000,000. into the local economy......

Comment

Go stamps go!

Comment

Working...
          X