Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Chess Rules

Originally posted by Alvah Mayo View Post

The phrase I used was, in part, "....rampant incompetence among the arbiters in Quebec tournaments."

When I witnessed a minimum of twelve examples of arbiter incompetence (amongst multiple individuals) just in my OWN games in a single event (leaving aside non-Quebec events with Quebec arbiters) on very basic and easy points of the Laws of Chess, I define that as rampant incompetence.
    I've been reading the posts with some passing interest. Twelve examples from your own games is a lot.

Usually in such a situation it's either the way the player says or it's a case of a problem player.
    Gary Ruben
    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Could someone post a diagram of this problem. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by John Torrie View Post
        Could someone post a diagram of this problem. Thank you.
        What a bump! On which page did you find that thread from 5 years ago?? :p

Comment

New Chess Rules
          August 12, 2017

The fen for the diagram is buried and only Dobrich or Zeromskis can get it out. If it is then posted, I will post the diagram.

Fen seem no longer to work and all the previous postings with it are lost

Comment

Originally posted by Mathieu Cloutier View Post
            What a bump! On which page did you find that thread from 5 years ago?? :p
            Though the thread topic is actual again after new rules came into effect this July 1 LOL

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Liles View Post
              What if they put an upside-down rook and then claimed that it was a rook (just upside down) and NOT a Queen?

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
              As I remember, you are not allowed to do that. Stop the clock and get a proper piece.
              Was looking for the FEN someone was interested and found this LOL Read chesstalks and you'll know rules LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Komer View Post
                New Chess Rules
                August 12, 2017

The fen for the diagram is buried and only Dobrich or Zeromskis can get it out. If it is then posted, I will post the diagram.

Fen seem no longer to work and all the previous postings with it are lost
                Nope, I can not. The picture is hidden in the forum.chesstalk.info. I looked in my Photo Album and it's semi-empty - it has something and at the same time does not show what it has :/ I only noticed that recently looking for some old graph of ratings...

Comment

If you do a search with the key work "elephant" it is one of the threads that appear. The problem reminded me of an endgame study I had previously posted, but I was unable to open the link to view the diagram.

Comment

New Chess Rules

August 13, 2017

This position comes from an analysis of the Saavedra position

https://www.quora.com/Chess-Are-ther...in-a-real-game

White to move and win

promoting to a queen leads to stalemate, underpromoting to a rook gives the win

Comment

Working...
                    X