2013 Canadian University Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013 Canadian University Championships

So what's the situation with hotels? The McGill Chess Club website doesn't have any information on hotels yet.

Comment

We were able to negotiate a great rate of $109 per night for quad occupancy at the Holiday Inn Montreal Midtown. The hotel is conveniently located very near the McGill campus and is within a 10-minute walk of the tournament site.

You can call 1-877-660-8550 to reserve rooms. The hotel informed us that the rate of $109 is guaranteed until December 21st, but it can be extended beyond that if need be.

Please reserve your rooms shortly to ensure that you get a good deal.

I apologize for the delay in posting the information about the hotel. Finals have been taxing...

Comment

So in order to get the discount on the hotel, we need to book before December 21st? Before we do that, is there any way of getting confirmation that there will in fact be a tournament? I've heard a few schools which normally show up to these tournaments saying they won't be able to make it all the way down to McGill. Can we get a pre-reg list? I'm assuming other schools will want to use the hotel discount as well.

Comment

To be certain of getting the discount, it would be best to reserve your hotel by that date, but I expect that the hotel will extend the deadline. The way it works is they save a certain number of rooms at a specific price, and if that block isn't filled up by the deadline, there is a possibility that they could then try to fill the rooms at regular rates.

The tournament will go on. I will see if we can put together a pre-registered list for you soon, but I assure you that we have a number of teams participating.

Comment

Hi,

U Toronto registered 3 teams ! And we're now tracking down individuals before submitting specific names.

Alex Ferreira

Comment

McMaster will be bringing two teams, on in the championship section and the other in the reserve section.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Coren View Post
                So in order to get the discount on the hotel, we need to book before December 21st? Before we do that, is there any way of getting confirmation that there will in fact be a tournament? I've heard a few schools which normally show up to these tournaments saying they won't be able to make it all the way down to McGill. Can we get a pre-reg list? I'm assuming other schools will want to use the hotel discount as well.
                Pre-registered teams are
                3 from Toronto,
                2 from Concordia
                probably 4 from McGill

And yes the tournament is on January 12-13. See website at http://ssmu.mcgill.ca/chess/cucc-2013/

I posted that longtime ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Zaghi View Post
                  How much funding did teams get and how much are you paying out of pocket? Going to Montreal is expensive.
                  Usual rule: Free entry for all teams outside QC and Ontario. Otherwise, you have to pay regular price. It is your club`s responsibility to collect fund. However, we are giving some discount for the school living on the border of QC and Ontario. Please contact us at mcgill.chess@gmail.com for more details.

Comment

Working...
                  X