From the CFC President's report: Larry Bevand gets the Diamond Jubilee medal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the CFC President's report: Larry Bevand gets the Diamond Jubilee medal

Another good deed got punished :D

http://chesscanada.info/forum/showpo...76&postcount=2

"Diamond Jubilee medal applications was successful. That being the case presented for Larry Bevand."
    Congratulations

Re: From the CFC President's report: Larry Bevand gets the Diamond Jubilee medal

Congratulations to Larry. He richly deserves it.
    Was Kevin Spraggett nominated?
    "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Re: From the CFC President's report: Larry Bevand gets the Diamond Jubilee medal

Great choice! Congratulations to Larry Bevand, and to the CFC for nominating him. :)

Comment

Tom. I'm glad I wasn't drinking when I read your post.;)

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
          Another good deed got punished :D

http://chesscanada.info/forum/showpo...76&postcount=2

Congratulations

Hi Egidijus,

Thanks to you, Tom, and Frank and those who sent me private e-mails!

The Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal serves to honour significant contributions and achievements by Canadians.

This is a very humbling moment for me and I am truly honoured! I received the award yesterday from the incredibly bright and accomplished Hélène Laverdière, NDP MP Laurier-Sainte-Marie. I live in her riding and the Chess'n Math Association is located in the same riding.

The Chess Federation of Canada put my name forward and I would like to thank both CFC President Michael Von Keitz and the CFC board for having nominated me for this prestigious honour. Had they not done so, this would never have been possible! Thank-you!

Mrs Laverdière and her staff then had to select 30 people from all the recommendations received in various fields.

I understand the CFC put forward 6 names from the Canadian chess community for this prestigious award but I was told that I was the only one who passed the last hurdle, which makes this award even more special to me!

It has been a great pleasure serving the chess community to the best of my ability since 1978 and within the Chess'n Math Association since I created this organization in 1985. I believe we have had a positive influence on hundreds of thousands of Canadian youngsters lives over these 27 years! None of this would have been possible without great kids, great parents, great teachers and an incredible staff!

While I am honoured to accept this award, it is one that I share with our awesome team!

Larry Bevand
          Executive Director
          Chess'n Math Association
          Canada's National Scholastic Chess Organization

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
            I received the award yesterday

Show us a real one, even on your favorite t-shirt :)

Comment

Working...
            X