Happy Birthday, Levon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday, Levon!

The world's #2 ranked player, and #3 FIDE all-time, Levon Aronian, turns 30 today. His Wikipedia entry doesn't shed any light on how the name Aronian was derived (neither of his parents had that surname).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levon_Aronian

Extracting one tidbit therein, the U12 WYCC in 1994 housed 5 future elite GMs. Aronian won that event, despite only having learned the game from his sister 3 years earlier, ahead of future 2700 club members Grischuk, Ponomariov, Bacrot, and Vallejo Pons. There was certainly no shame in missing the medal table that year!

Re: Happy Birthday, Levon!

Why do you broadcast this here? This is spam/flooding.

Comment

Claude Carrier - Why are you trolling?

Comment

No I really mean I find it's flooding/overinformation/useless, if I want to know about Aronian I'll go on chessbase.

edit: I admit my other comment might be viewed as trolling, it's why I removed it.
        Last edited by Claude Carrier; Saturday, 6th October, 2012, 11:31 AM.

Comment

This site is called Chesstalk Claude.. because we talk about CHESS.

Comment

That guy is'nt talking, he's reporting; do you want people to copy/paste the whole of the week in chess starting a tread for everyday and be praised for it? Am I the only one who thinks like that or what? I can remove my critisism if you want, I don't mind.

Comment

Re : Re: Happy Birthday, Levon!

Originally posted by Andy Shaw View Post
              This site is called Chesstalk Claude.. because we talk about CHESS.
              Lol/Touche, Andy!

Tangentially, I must confess that I thought the subject might be a proper invite for you to post one of your famous pictures. I must say that U12 WYCC class of 94 did exceptionally well in the, umm, pulchritude department.

Comment

I guess I really am the only one who thinks that was overinformation, I'll leave my place to "johnTurner" then.

Originally posted by johnTurner
                Superb!thank you for your article,This post has been somewhat of a revelation to me.I just required some information and was searching on Google for it. I visited each page that came on first page and didn’t got any relevant result then I thought to check out the second one and got your blog. This is what I wanted!

Moncler Vestes
                Doudoune Moncler Femme
                Doudoune Moncler Homme

Comment

Re : Happy Birthday, Levon!

Probably way too early, but I'd love to see the opening odds for the 2014 World Championship. Personally, I like Aronian's chances since he'a almost as likely as Carlsen to emerge victorious from next March's Candidates Tournament and, imho, has a far better chance of dethroning Anand in a World Championship match. The empirical evidence (classical only) ito date s rather overwhelming.

Anand vs Carlsen: +6 -1 =17

Anand vs Aronian: +1 -6 =14

Talk about polar extremes. And I'm sure Aronian will go off at significantly higher odds.

Comment

Last edited by Ben Daswani; Wednesday, 30th January, 2013, 12:28 AM.
                    everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

I hate the Kovalchuk thread. Every time I see it, for a few seconds I think it has to do with Anton Kovalyov and then realize it has to do with hockey. Blah.

Also:

It has come to our attention that you may be entitled to $80.000.000 in unclaimed funds.

These funds are currently reserved in your name and waiting
                      for you to claim.

Please enter your name at the unclaimed money search engine
                      located at our site. The provide us with your full name, credit card numbers and passport number.

tomsretirementscam.com

Thank you.
                      "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Mr.Daswani why don't you put caps on people's names, I find that pretty insulting, I hope you're banned along with the spammer I was quoting.

Comment

Re : Happy Birthday, Levon!

Grigory Leontievich mean Grigory son of Leon, Aronian is his surname: Grigory Leontievich Aronian ...

Comment

Working...
                          X