Are you looking for a part-time roommate?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you looking for a part-time roommate?!

Hi chess people, due to a change in living situation, I am looking to rent a room.

In addition to the actual room, my requirements are quite low. I would never cook, nor even need any shelf space in the fridge. I would not even sleep there between 20% and 50% of the days each month, and even when there, I would spend almost all my time in my room, working via computer. I would shower at home rather rarely, as I almost always shower at a GoodLife location after reffing. This is why I entitled this announcement "part-time" roommate! ;)

However, I would need a parking spot, for a small car, and convenient access to a washer/dryer, or somewhere I could buy/install a combo washer/dryer.

As money is a factor, I will consider anywhere within about an hour of Ottawa, and I would be willing to pay more for someone who speaks fluent Russian. This point might seem strange, but I am trying to learn Russian, so it would be extra handy to bump into someone who would correct my pronounciation! :)

Finally, I am a non-smoker, and would like to move in between November 4th and 9th.

If you are interested, please email me as soon as possible :
    arismarghetis at rogers dot com

Re: Are you looking for a part-time roommate?!

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
    I would not even sleep there between 20% and 50% of the days each month, and even when there, I would spend almost all my time in my room, working via computer.
    Are you a spy? Wouldn't sleep there 50% of the days

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Shaw View Post
      Are you a spy? Wouldn't sleep there 50% of the days
      I would like to play in tournaments most weekends, and I often get work assignments that would take me out of town for 1 or 2 weeks per month. So, my 20%-50% estimate.

Comment

Actually, Aris Marghetis is a spy in training! Hence, his self-confessed mysterious whereabouts much of the time, frequent trips out of town (probably to meet contacts, collect information, and recruit fellow spies), his so-called 'Russian student' persona, shaved head and great attention to personal fitness, and intense interest in anything to do with chess, especially playing tournaments, directing and organizing tournaments around the world (a perfect cover for international espionage, especially to places like Turkey and Russia), and taking on chess students (whom he is probably recruiting to assist him as a spy). He probably uses coded chess moves to transmit his secret messages! :)

I plan to notify CSIS, the CIA, FBI, MI6, MI5, and the SVR (formerly the KGB) about Aris. :)

Aris could be in training to become the next James Bond, after Daniel Craig's contract is up, with the forthcoming Bond film 'Skyfall', set to be released next month! He will get some good tips on what it is really like to be a true Bond, by talking to his fellow Canadian arbiter and organizer, Hal Bond!

Please destroy this message after reading! :)

Aris, I hope you find a place soon! I may have an idea for you! One of your former Nortel colleagues, who is even a chess person, has a vacant house in Barrhaven. I'll let him know you are searching.

Comment

Aris, my situation has changed for the better. I have two jobs now (working 6 days a week) and will be getting a place by November 1st. I'm still looking, but will have better luck to get a decent place if there's the two of us to pay. I am staying with friends until then. Message me here or email me.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Dixon View Post
            Actually, Aris Marghetis is a spy in training! Hence, his self-confessed mysterious whereabouts much of the time, frequent trips out of town (probably to meet contacts, collect information, and recruit fellow spies), his so-called 'Russian student' persona, shaved head and great attention to personal fitness, and intense interest in anything to do with chess, especially playing tournaments, directing and organizing tournaments around the world (a perfect cover for international espionage, especially to places like Turkey and Russia), and taking on chess students (whom he is probably recruiting to assist him as a spy). He probably uses coded chess moves to transmit his secret messages! :)

I plan to notify CSIS, the CIA, FBI, MI6, MI5, and the SVR (formerly the KGB) about Aris. :)

Aris could be in training to become the next James Bond, after Daniel Craig's contract is up, with the forthcoming Bond film 'Skyfall', set to be released next month! He will get some good tips on what it is really like to be a true Bond, by talking to his fellow Canadian arbiter and organizer, Hal Bond!

Please destroy this message after reading! :)

Aris, I hope you find a place soon! I may have an idea for you! One of your former Nortel colleagues, who is even a chess person, has a vacant house in Barrhaven. I'll let him know you are searching.
            Thanks Frank, and funny story, especially the fitness part, I am a bit wider now, lol :)

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Carroll View Post
              Aris, my situation has changed for the better. I have two jobs now (working 6 days a week) and will be getting a place by November 1st. I'm still looking, but will have better luck to get a decent place if there's the two of us to pay. I am staying with friends until then. Message me here or email me.
              Good for you Billy! Could you email me any phone numbers that I could reach you at?

arismarghetis at rogers dot com

Comment

I am looking for a part-time girlfriend if that counts as a room-mate? :)

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Shaw View Post
                  I am looking for a part-time girlfriend if that counts as a room-mate? :)
                  Just to avoid any potential misunderstandings, please note that I am a straight male. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
                    Just to avoid any potential misunderstandings, please note that I am a straight male. :)
                    Coffee... meet keyboard and monitor. :D

edited to add: to avoid misunderstanding, I believe Aris.
                    Last edited by Kerry Liles; Thursday, 11th October, 2012, 10:07 AM. Reason: to avoid misunderstanding...
                    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Working...
                    X