Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Continental 2012

Originally posted by Eric Hansen View Post
    That was an error in inputting. I took on d5 first and then played nf4. Nb6 was too obvious :D

thanks everyone for the support!

I got a bit lucky this tournament and gotta go home and work on many things if i want to be a competitor at the world cup rather than a Canadian tourist:D
    Congratulations. It is refreshing to see a top Canadian with such humility and class... You will always have things to work on - make sure you stop and enjoy the moment! Great job.
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

That was an error in inputting. I took on d5 first and then played nf4. Nb6 was too obvious :D

I got a bit lucky this tournament and gotta go home and work on many things if i want to be a competitor at the world cup rather than a Canadian tourist:D
      Thanks for the explanation (I should also have said "I couldn't believe it when he played ...Nf4).

It's very Canadian of you to say you "got a bit lucky" :), someone who wanted to brag could say that under the pressure the other guys cracked.

Now get offline and GO CELEBRATE!!

Comment

One small question. Why the French Winawer in the final round?

Congrats! Very nice result.
        Gary Ruben
        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
          One small question. Why the French Winawer in the final round?

Congrats! Very nice result.
          Felgaer's record in my DB from 1.e4 e6 2.d4 d5 3.Nc3 Bb4: +3 =2 -2. Seems like a decent opening to take a shot in a must win situation (though the specific line Eric played seems to have pretty dubious results).

Comment

Originally posted by Aman Hambleton View Post
            Eric 0.5/3
            Shabalov 2/4
            Kaidanov 2.5/3
            Granda 2/3
            Flores 1/3

Kaidanov - Granda
            Flores - Hansen

Everyone has clinched a qualification spot except Hansen and Flores. If Eric wins he is in, if he loses or draws he is out. Unfortunately he's Black... but its a must win game to get a WC spot.

Go Eric!
            Putting Eric in a must win situation with black seems like a sure way to ensure that he wins!

Great result Eric!

Comment

Bravo Eric!,

You have impressed not only with your playing ability, but with the class and dignity with which you carry yourself! You are a credit to the game and the country!

Onward and upward.

Comment

Congratulations! We look forward to seeing the results of that work in future events.

Comment

Originally posted by John Upper View Post
                  Thanks for the explanation (I should also have said "I couldn't believe it when he played ...Nf4).

It's very Canadian of you to say you "got a bit lucky" :), someone who wanted to brag could say that under the pressure the other guys cracked.

Now get offline and GO CELEBRATE!!

Looks like Hansen qualified for 2013 World Cup in Norway! :D

Here is a link to official article from chessdomb:
                  http://www.chessdom.com/granda-zunig...orld-cup-2013/

Official statement:
                  "The tie-break lasted just over five hours, and at the end, Gregory Kaidanov emerged as the winner with 3 points (beat Flores and Hansen, and drew Granda and Shabalov). He was followed by Granda with 2.5, Shabalov with 2, Hansen with 1.5, and Flores with 1."

It is a bit of a surprise to actually to find the news not from the official website, but from chessdom.com first.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhail Egorov View Post
                    Looks like Hansen qualified for 2013 World Cup in Norway! :D

Here is a link to official article from chessdomb:
                    http://www.chessdom.com/granda-zunig...orld-cup-2013/

Official statement:
                    "The tie-break lasted just over five hours, and at the end, Gregory Kaidanov emerged as the winner with 3 points (beat Flores and Hansen, and drew Granda and Shabalov). He was followed by Granda with 2.5, Shabalov with 2, Hansen with 1.5, and Flores with 1."

It is a bit of a surprise to actually to find the news not from the official website, but from chessdom.com first.
                    The official website (and apparently the internet access in general at that location) was crap.
                    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Great Final Report on ChessBase:
                      http://chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=8575

All to best to GM-elected Eric Hansen in preparing for the World Cup!

Comment

The banana ate the monkey!

Originally posted by Simon Ong View Post
                        Great Final Report on ChessBase:
                        http://chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=8575

All to best to GM-elected Eric Hansen in preparing for the World Cup!
                        WOW! Congrats!!!

Comment

Congratulations Eric! Fantastic result!

Comment

Working...
                          X