Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• European Club Cup

Hi guys,

I am trying to follow in the footsteps of some great Canadian Arbiters like Hal Bond and Aris Marghetis as I am currently one of the Arbiters in the European Club Cup in Eilat, Israel
    http://www.ecc2012-chesseilat.com/

Tomorrow is the penultime round as the top teams will be battling for the glory.
    I am a match arbiter and since we get to be Arbiters in two different boards I have been the arbiter at quite a few interesting matches. Today I was on the highest board so far (3 and 4) and I had Morozevich, Ivanchuk, Nepomniatchi and several more top players. In past rounds I had guys like Radjabov, Topalov, Shirov and many more famous players.
    So far its been really great, the weather is terrific (ok a bit too hot to be in a suit in the playing hall) the people are great and there haven't been any unresolved disputes.
    Today, it was quite interesting to see an IM make Ivanchuk mate him with a knight and bishop. What was even more impressive was that Ivanchuk used the fact that his opponent had a pawn in order to checkmate him in the "wrong corner."
    Live video broadcasts take place on Chesstv.com and they are recorded.

Round 6 will start at 9 am Eastern time and Round 7 will start at 4:30 am the following day.

Re: European Club Cup

Best of luck Vlad. :D

Comment

Azerbaizhan won the tournament on tie-breaks. It was pretty cool for me as I got to be the match #1 arbiter between Azerbaizhan and Tomsk. It was pretty intense but Azerbaizhan tore their opponents to pieces.
      The final round can be viewed on chesstv.com

Originally posted by Vlad Rekhson View Post
      Hi guys,

I am trying to follow in the footsteps of some great Canadian Arbiters like Hal Bond and Aris Marghetis as I am currently one of the Arbiters in the European Club Cup in Eilat, Israel
      http://www.ecc2012-chesseilat.com/

Tomorrow is the penultime round as the top teams will be battling for the glory.
      I am a match arbiter and since we get to be Arbiters in two different boards I have been the arbiter at quite a few interesting matches. Today I was on the highest board so far (3 and 4) and I had Morozevich, Ivanchuk, Nepomniatchi and several more top players. In past rounds I had guys like Radjabov, Topalov, Shirov and many more famous players.
      So far its been really great, the weather is terrific (ok a bit too hot to be in a suit in the playing hall) the people are great and there haven't been any unresolved disputes.
      Today, it was quite interesting to see an IM make Ivanchuk mate him with a knight and bishop. What was even more impressive was that Ivanchuk used the fact that his opponent had a pawn in order to checkmate him in the "wrong corner."
      Live video broadcasts take place on Chesstv.com and they are recorded.

Round 6 will start at 9 am Eastern time and Round 7 will start at 4:30 am the following day.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Rekhson View Post
        Azerbaizhan won the tournament on tie-breaks. It was pretty cool for me as I got to be the match #1 arbiter between Azerbaizhan and Tomsk. It was pretty intense but Azerbaizhan tore their opponents to pieces.
        The final round can be viewed on chesstv.com
        Congratulations Vlad, that is quite an honour!

Comment

Awesome job Vlad! Why am I not surprised?

Comment

Working...
          X