how to deactivate chessbase and fritz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to deactivate chessbase and fritz

Computer problems (corrupt ACL data) mean that I have to blow away everything on my computer. Not exactly sure how things got messed up...

Many programs (for instance, Adobe CS 6, etc.) require you to deactivate your license to move to another computer. What about Chessbase and Fritz? I've googled but can't find any information. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Re: how to deactivate chessbase and fritz

Originally posted by Steve Karpik View Post
    What about Chessbase and Fritz? I've googled but can't find any information. Does anyone have any experience with this?
    I reinstalled Fritz12 on a computer with different MBs. If you have still products' # and a Playchess account's password (for Fritz, and play online), you'll have no problems.

Comment

Thanks.

Crossing my fingers that I don't get caught up in any DRM hell.

Comment

Doesn't Windows 7 (assuming you have that) have some kind of facility that allows you to easily move software from an old computer to a new one? (I'm hoping so, I give my laptop another year or so based on what I've heard) Of course if the old machine has been infected with something that may not be advisable :)

Comment

To deactivate, simply go to File/Activation.
          When you install on a new machine, you will have to activate with the serial number.

Comment

Working...
          X