On site reports - WYCC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On site reports - WYCC

Is there someone there who could give us some color commentary on site?
    Are Harmony Zhu and Richard Wang getting much attention?
    Are they going to roll out a piano for Harmony to play at the closing ceremony?-they really should!:)

Re: On site reports - WYCC

The facebook page is here... not much commentary, but lots of photographs http://www.facebook.com/TeamCanadaAtWYCC2012

The CFC's http://www.canada2wycc.ca/ does not appear to have been updated in a while - the list of team members is inaccurate, for example.

Comment

Re : On site reports - WYCC

It's always easy to follow Richard Wang's games since ChessBomb has carried all 6 of his games live.

Still not a single live Harmony game however ):

Comment

When I suggested on-site commentary I did not mean facebook pictures. Nor did I have in mind lists of players. And not live games from ChessBomb. etc, etc
        I meant someone actually there with first hand observations to give a feeling of
        the event!

Comment

I would also like commentary, but I can't find any. An email from Frank Lee, father of Melissa: "[One parents room is a] large "blow up" tent that is large enough to hold 200 people. They have 4 projection screens showing the 2 tournament halls (one for the younger kids U8 and U10 ... and one hall for the rest). They have a souvenir shop, pub (food and drink), crepe vendor, Maribor tourist kiosk, Shark Energy Drink kiosk (major sponsor giving out free samples, hats, the lanyard on your id cards, and free can of the stuff in the welcome bag), kiosk selling print out of all the games by Round for 2 Euros (good fund raiser), and the kiosk arranging the free day tours."
          and also

"[Most of the Canadian team is staying at] Hotel Tisa in the mountains above Maribor. It is a 15 minute bus ride on winding narrow roads to the gondola station from the hotel. It is an 11 minute gondola ride down the mountain and then a ten minute walk to the tournament hall. Melissa loves the gondola ride because the view is spectacular during the day and night."

I (JC) am pleased to see the website working so well, no glitches at all. It's unfortunate that the organisers decided to sell pgn files. The live games are free, and so is the pgn for the live games.

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
            I (JC) am pleased to see the website working so well, no glitches at all. It's unfortunate that the organisers decided to sell pgn files. The live games are free, and so is the pgn for the live games.
            Sell pgn files?? WTF?
            That is close to the stupidest idea I have ever heard of...
            the market must be, what?, 3 people?
            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your interest in Team Canada at WYCC 2012.

We choose Facebook as our vehicle to communicate news and updates as it allows us to upload multiple photos easily AND provide commentary. If you click through the photo albums, not only will you get to SEE what it's like over here, you will also get to READ what it's like over here.

Look especially at the photo album entitled "Opening Ceremonies". You will see how enormous the Sports Center Dras is (which is where the U10 Open, U12 Open/Girls, U14 Open/Girls, U16 Open/Girls, and U18 Open/Girls sections are playing), that the top boards are using DGT boards to transmit games live, that Chessbomb.com is where one would see games live, the big screen with live feed from the playing halls (there are two), Team photos, and MORE!

Please visit our Facebook page and if you have questions, post them there:
              http://www.facebook.com/#!/TeamCanadaAtWYCC2012

You don't need a FB account to view the photos and comments; but, you will need a FB account to "like" photos/comments or to leave comments.

PS: They are selling game bulletins for each round for each section (cost is 2 Euros), not pgn files.
              Last edited by Victoria Jung-Doknjas; Monday, 12th November, 2012, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Where on the official site does it say they are selling games? In any case, I'm betting someone would pay, and within a few days, the games would be spread around the world - unless there is something legal which would stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                  Where on the official site does it say they are selling games?
                  General regulations:14. TOURNAMENT BULLETIN
                  Daily there will be various bulletins: General bulletin (with all important information, but without games) and special bulletins for each group, with games and information.
                  We offer a free General bulletin each round to each national delegation. Special bulletins will be sold.

On Facebook, and also one person emailed me, the price is 2 Euros per round per section! Please note the general bulletin does not contain games. I suppose pgn files might become available after the event.

Comment

FB site does a great job with all the photos! :)

Comment

Working...
                    X