• Show
Clear All

• Article on TheSpec.com

MAHONEY: Chess, the headiest mind game of them all

Re: Article on TheSpec.com

Nice piece.

Comment

What time control do you use in your club's tournaments? (could not find at the club's website)

Comment

Wish I could write like that. That article is one of the best Ive ever read on chess and its definitely a keeper.

Comment

Yes, very well written.
          "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
          "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
          "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Gilles G. Jobin View Post
            Isn't that Bob Gillanders asleep at his board in the background of the picture?
            LOL
            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
              Isn't that Bob Gillanders asleep at his board in the background of the picture?
              LOL
              Guilty! :o
              er, I mean I am concentrating, yah, that's it, I'm concentrating! :)

The club is actually closed today for a teachers PD day. But we'll be back at it next friday.

Egis - Hamilton club games are 80 minutes plus 30 second increment.
              Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Friday, 23rd November, 2012, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X