Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panama Chess Open II

Originally posted by Joel Stainer View Post
    Looks like he needed at least a draw that last round to give himself a chance. If the calculator I am using is accurate ( http://skaktal.dk/en/norm.php ) then he can't get a GM norm even with a win in Round 9.
    Yes, Aman would need to defeat an opponent rated 2565 or higher in the last round for a GM norm, but his opponent is rated 2447.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Shaw View Post
      He said all the allegations against him were false.
      Oh, well. That settles that.

Comment

Looks like the only person who could catch Eric has lost (playing on Board 2 in Round 9...

[added later:]

Eric won the final round game (when I looked at it he didn't seem to have much compensation for the exchange, but in the end he won!)

Congratulations Eric and Aman - great performances!
        Last edited by Kerry Liles; Sunday, 2nd December, 2012, 04:06 PM. Reason: final results in
        ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
          Not from this nation.
          Would you be willing to bet that ANY of the below will not be eligible as grandmasters for Canada's olympiad team within five years?

Bator Sambuev
          Anton Kovalyev
          Eric Hansen
          Aman Hambleton
          Leonid Gerzhoy
          Nikolay Noritsyn

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
            Would you be willing to bet that ANY of the below will not be eligible as grandmasters for Canada's olympiad team within five years?
            My comment has nothing to do with players being eligible. I doubt you will see 5 of them on the same Olympic team playing for Canada.
            Gary Ruben
            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Bator Sambuev
              Anton Kovalyev
              Eric Hansen
              Aman Hambleton
              Leonid Gerzhoy
              Nikolay Noritsyn
              Don't rule out the return of GM Pascal Charbonneau who played in a tournament in October. Even possible is GM Mark Bluvshtein, he is still young. Has GM Thomas Roussel-Roozmon quit forever? GM Spraggett?

Comment

Pascal Charbonneau has been playing in the US Team championships (played over the Internet).
                Thomas Roussel-Roozmon has not given up (but no events since April). He plays in the occasional blitz event.
                Alexandre Lesiege - always rumours of his coming out of retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
                  My comment has nothing to do with players being eligible. I doubt you will see 5 of them on the same Olympic team playing for Canada.
                  FINE! Any five GMs for Canada's team within five years. How much is the bet?

Comment

FINE! Any five GMs for Canada's team within five years. How much is the bet?
                    I'm not making plans 5 years in the future, if you get my drift.

I seem to recall reading the CFC wants to put an up and coming prospect on future teams. Doesn't sound like a GM to me, as an example. I take it that you mean 5 GM's on the same team.
                    Last edited by Gary Ruben; Sunday, 2nd December, 2012, 03:42 PM.
                    Gary Ruben
                    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Malmsten View Post
                      Don't rule out the return of GM Pascal Charbonneau who played in a tournament in October. Even possible is GM Mark Bluvshtein, he is still young. Has GM Thomas Roussel-Roozmon quit forever? GM Spraggett?
                      We have GM's. Many don't seem interested in qualifying themselves according to the CFC rules or accepting invitations if they are invited. Must be something wrong with a system which is so unattractive to our top GMs.
                      Gary Ruben
                      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

For a somewhat lesser international tournament, the Panama organizers put forth an excellent web page - Canadian organizers take note! They had photos,x-table and live games with diagrams all on the same page!

>>>>>http://www.pasionajedrez.com/

Congratulations to Eric Hansen on a fantastic result!

Comment

Remarkable. As I understand the final results, Eric scored 8.5/9 to take clear first by 1.5 with a performance rating of 2899. I wonder when a Canadian player last scored such a result?:D
                          Congratulations also to Aman Hambleton who registered 6/9 with a performance rating of 2524. Awesome.:)
                          With Hansen, Hambleton and Sambuev, Canadian chess would seem to be in good hands. Note: all three are committed to play in the upcoming Canadian Open in July 2013 against some of the world's best, including perennial Nigel Short.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Ritchie View Post
                            Remarkable. As I understand the final results, Eric scored 8.5/9 to take clear first by 1.5 with a performance rating of 2899. I wonder when a Canadian player last scored such a result?:D
                            Congratulations also to Aman Hambleton who registered 6/9 with a performance rating of 2524. Awesome.:)
                            With Hansen, Hambleton and Sambuev, Canadian chess would seem to be in good hands. Note: all three are committed to play in the upcoming Canadian Open in July 2013 against some of the world's best, including perennial Nigel Short.
                            But will the Canadian Open have a web page as good as the Panama one?

Comment

Comment

But will the Canadian Open have a web page as good as the Panama one?
                                The last Can. Open in Ottawa had large black knights which are kind of rubbery and I got two. I have one on each corner of my TV.
                                Gary Ruben
                                CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
                                X