Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GTCL events - GTCL Premier League

Originally posted by Vladimir Birarov View Post
    Swiss Manager is used to run the tournament, hence you can follow it on http://chess-results.com/tnr89121.aspx?lan=1.
    Posted results.
    Code:
    1 Aurora      ½	: 3½ Academy of Canada	
    2 Annex       2	: 2  Phantoms
    3 Knights     4	: 0  GGY
    4 Willowdale  1	: 3  Hart House

Comment

Re : GTCL events - GTCL Premier League

Two upsets on opening night augur well for an exciting tournament. The Annex Chess Club was higher rated on all 4 boards and could do no better than draw their match (+2 -2 =0) with the Phantoms. And Hart House Chess Club, playing without their top board, was outrated on 3 of the 4 boards but still managed an unblemished win (+2 -0 =2) versus the Willowdale Chess Club. The biggest individual upset was Hart House's Jonathan Yu's (2046) win over Michael Kimelman (2219).

Interestingly, at least to this ACC member, was that the Hart House team consisted of 3 regular ACC members, but all with much 'deeper' Hart House ties. The ACC thus figured prominently in both upsets, one positive and one negative.

Comment

Thanks to the organizers for this initiative. Free, friendly rated chess with great competition is always fun.

Willowdale's top player was also absent to be fair. I know Geordie and Alex are regulars at Annex but who is the third?

Too bad the janitor was trying to kick us out. I left early. Was the Humphreys' game adjudicated/adjourned or finished on site?

Are we going to start rounds earlier in the future or enjoy the janitor's wrath?

Comment

Re : Re: GTCL events - GTCL Premier League

[QUOTE=Jonathan Yu;62507]Thanks to the organizers for this initiative. Free, friendly rated chess with great competition is always fun.

Willowdale's top player was also absent to be fair. I know Geordie and Alex are regulars at Annex but who is the third?
          QUOTE]

Perhaps I was being presumptuous, Jonathan. I had assumed since you were playing in the ACC's Polar Bear Swiss (with a perfect 1/1) that you were now a member of the ACC.

Comment

Re: Re : GTCL events - GTCL Premier League

Originally posted by Jack Maguire View Post
            still managed an unblemished win
            A ball is round, a board is square. Rating predictions are interesting though not fulfills always in one game :D Anyway, the tournament started. Games looked quite equal for some period. There will be some minor changes to minimize a number of adjudicated games (early round start, maybe a different time control) Hope to bring my camera and a full team (4 players) for the next round :p

Jack, was you in the playing hall? (I can not connect a name with a face :)

Comment

Re : Re: Re : GTCL events - GTCL Premier League

Jack, was you in the playing hall? (I can not connect a name with a face :)[/QUOTE]

No, I was not. But I may be next Tuesday if my 14-year-old son, Zehn, is playing for the Annex Chess Club that night.

Comment

[up]

Matches this Tuesday at 6:30 pm

Round 2
                Code:
                Academy   - Hart 
                GGY       - Willowdale
                Phantoms  - Knights
                Aurora    - Annex

Comment

Working...